42mph in a 30mph zone

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Am i missing something here? Are you saying you were wrongly recorded by a machine and you weren't really doing 132 mph,or are you telling us you were doing 132 mph in a 30 mph zone and you think that's something to boast about?:scratch:

:popcorn:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm like this fellow,who according to some comments has feck all else to do/moan about all day. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6213247/Grandfather-72-ordered-tear-fake-speed-camera.html
I think i should get one of these.

00019072-800.jpg

I could store it somewhere and put it out on the grass verge outside my flat,which is next to a 30 mph zone where drivers like to go about 60 mph every rush hour. Maybe i could sit in it all day long if i've really feck all to do that day.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm like this fellow,who according to some comments has feck all else to do/moan about all day. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6213247/Grandfather-72-ordered-tear-fake-speed-camera.html

View attachment 431826

I could store it somewhere and put it out on the grass verge outside my flat,which is next to a 30 mph zone where drivers like to go about 60 mph every rush hour. Maybe i could sit in it all day long if i've really feck all to do that day.

I got followed by one of those cardboard cut out police cars once, down the A34 dual carriageway, I was doing 70mph, I had to pull over to the side and a cardboard cut out policeman got out of the cardboard cut out police car, and said to me, " do you know you were doing 70mph down the A34?" I said "that's the speed limit officer! " He said, " Gah! I'm not cut out for this job."

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I got followed by one of those cardboard cut out police cars once, down the A34 dual carriageway, I was doing 70mph, I had to pull over to the side and a cardboard cut out policeman got out of the cardboard cut out police car, and said to me, " do you know you were doing 70mph down the A34?" I said "that's the speed limit officer! " He said, " Gah! I'm not cut out for this job."
Ha! That's very good!:laugh: :okay:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I.O.M ..nice work if you can get it!!
Correct!
Thursday evening sidecar TT practice and the local bobbies were playing with their new toys ( hand held radar guns)
One of them came around the paddock afterwards and was telling us how fast we'd gone down Sulby Straight. I was the 12 th fastest outfit through there according to him.:okay:

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

View attachment 431826

A few years back, they used to have a couple of the English versions of those on the M6. Remarkably effective it seemed to me.

In my village at carnival time, they have a household scarecrow competition. About 4/5 years ago, a local stables put up a policeman with a camera scarecrow. Now that was effective. ^_^ So effective in fact, that it stayed up for about 6 weeks after the carnival and the weather brought it down.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Correct!
Thursday evening sidecar TT practice and the local bobbies were playing with their new toys ( hand held radar guns)
One of them came around the paddock afterwards and was telling us how fast we'd gone down Sulby Straight. I was the 12 th fastest outfit through there according to him.:okay:

Very competitive then :becool:

Levo-Lon

Guru
The LBS record

The lap record is 135 mph for a 1000cc solo Superbike set very recently. They do close on 200 mph on Sulby Straight.:rolleyes:
132 mph on Sulby Straight, two up on a 600 cc sidecar, 25 years ago, ain't so shabby in comparison.:tongue:

The little shop on the bend sells elasticated nappies apparently:laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nice to see 'Mr Clean' getting off on a technicality,even though he admits to doing 59 mph in a 40 mph zone.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arrives-court-fight-stars-speeding-charge.htm He could easily have taken the points,but he instead decided to employ that greasy git to argue his case. God knows why the greasy git charges many thousands to get them off points that us commoners would have to absorb? Surely if the 'police speeding letter' arrives too late then any solicitor out there could point this out to a magistrate.

Top Bottom