42mph in a 30mph zone

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Beckham's blown his knighthood according to some(me included).They tell us he's not thick at all and his 'innocence' is part of an act to gain wealth and prominence. That may be so,but i fail to see how 'shirking his responsibility' could've been part of that act.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rrives-court-fight-stars-speeding-charge.html. All he had to do was take the points and maybe issue a statement along the lines of 'I apologise for my selfish actions which put other road users in danger. Speeding is not something to be taken lightly' blah blah. No,he instead chose to go out of his way to avoid a possible 3 points and in his case a minuscule fine. The points would've only affected his insurance premiums which i'm sure that no matter how high they are he can afford them. He's moaned in the past,sometimes using obscene language that he hasn't been knighted while others of his status and generation have been. Perhaps those others knew how to behave,or be seen to behave in the public eye. Mind you if you read the article he isn't the only one who's gone down the 'i'm a celebrity,so i'm above the law' route. It does seem after all that there are two levels of the law. One for us 'commoners' and one for the wealthy and famous.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I know this is off topic but what has he ever done that deserves a knighthood? I don't follow celebrity, only thing I know of him was when he was laid on the floor lashing out at another player & I think he made captain but they hardly warrant a knighthood.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I don't think anyone is disputing that it is the law. What aggrieves us is that someone can endanger those around them in such a cavalier manner and get away with it because of a piece of process which exists because the Government of the time didn't want to be seen as being "unfair" to motorists.

Exactly.

The purpose of the NIP is to alert someone to the possibility of prosecution for an offence they may not realise they'd committed and allow them to prepare for court.
Given that this driver agreed and admitted he'd been speeding then there should be the option to allow the court to overlook the technicality of the late-delivered NIP.

It really is shoving two fingers up at the rest of society to say, yeah I broke the law but I've got a way to wriggle out of it so fark the lot of you.
He's just another entitled dick in a car.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know this is off topic but what has he ever done that deserves a knighthood? I don't follow celebrity, only thing I know of him was when he was laid on the floor lashing out at another player & I think he made captain but they hardly warrant a knighthood.
It's things like his 'charitable work' for such as UNICEF which has made him knighthood material. All part of the self serving agenda i suspect,but according to reports he called one of those who decides if someone is worthy of a knighthood a c..t,for deciding he wasn't worthy of the title. I think/hope that same person is taking interest in 'Golden Ball's' latest cock up actions and will put a cross rather than a tick next to his next knighthood application.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't think the honours system works quite like that. ;)
I'm assuming a name is put forward by a 'seconder' and that application is considered. Are you saying that Queenie has the final say?:smile:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2788488/david-beckham-emails-defends-actions-knighthood/
"David Beckham is said to have told pals he is just a 'normal person' who was 'extremely disappointed not to get a knighthood'
Do 'normal people' become disappointed for not getting a knighthood i wonder(?) I'd consider myself 'normal'(some might say otherwise:smile:),but i don't recall me ever being disappointed because i haven't received the call to become a Knight Of The Realm.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Justice is only justice in name. If you are famous, a celebrity or a politician, justice that applies to all of us commoners, doesn't quite apply the same to them.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Justice is only justice in name. If you are famous, a celebrity or a politician, justice that applies to all of us commoners, doesn't quite apply the same to them.
Have to disagree in this instance, if I had been caught speeding & did not get the NIP within 14 days, I would have used the same defence.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm assuming a name is put forward by a 'seconder' and that application is considered. Are you saying that Queenie has the final say?:smile:
No. I'm saying that no one 'applies' for a knighthood, they are nominated.:smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Even Beckham's brief thinks he should've taken the points and fine. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6218511/Even-David-Beckhams-lawyer-thinks-convicted.html
And how does he respond to the public uproar about his antics? Yes,by flaunting his wealth in the tacky way we expect of him. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ceful-David-Beckham-gets-speeding-charge.html :thumbsdown:
There is no public uproar about his antics. Just a days worth of tabloid headlines. Next week it will be about Lady Ga Ga's knickers.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'll be writing to the Queen to let her know what's been going on,as i don't think she follows 'celebrity gossip'.That should put a stop to her giving him a knighthood!:angel:
I wouldn't do that Accy, she might start looking at some of your posts and you'll end up in the Tower (Or even worse, married off to one of Andrew and Fergie's daughters).

Top Bottom