42mph in a 30mph zone

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Naughty ,but at least it wasn't 90 with a police car after it,ending in death and destruction..

Often its people chasing deadlines,pressure of work , its wrong.
I nearly and i mean nearly got hit by a Yodel van.
The guy came at me through a no entry and i was on the road as no footpath.
It was in a dead end where i was doing a drive.
I gave him what for and his reply was " you were in the road" !!
I reported him , and phoned his boss and told him , the guy still drives the van:rolleyes:

It's possible these problems will disappear overnight if the government introduces Universal Basic Pay and times pressures of work are eliminated . People shouldnt rush but I understand why they do.

Counter point: does this problem exist in Communist countries?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's possible these problems will disappear overnight if the government introduces Universal Basic Pay and times pressures of work are eliminated . People shouldnt rush but I understand why they do.

Counter point: does this problem exist in Communist countries?
Have a look on YouTube for 'Russian driving' ( or 'car accidents'): they're totally mental!!! Compared with the UK equivalents, which, though good examples of bad driving, are rather tame by comparison.

Drago

Legendary Member
Speed cameras should be randomly concealed in cats eyes, so no one ever knows when or where. The sensible will be unaffected, those speeders with some lingering brain cells remaining will be deterred, and those that don't will quickly get banned.

D

Deleted member 1258

My one speeding ticket was for 43 in a 30. Over thirty years ago now though.

I've had two, one in1972 and one in 1978, both were for somewhere between 40and 45 in a 30, I can't remember the exact speed, and at the time I was riding motorbikes.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The village where I live is plagued by speeders. Seemingly the best the parish council can do is arrange for community speed checkers, but they have to be in hi viz apparently. On the rare occasion the police do speed checks, they it seems also have to be in hi viz, which if a driver is so stupid not to see them I think they should have double points.
The two local primary schools suffer speeders, despite the whole village being a 30 mph zone, school signs and for one of the schools a pedestrian crossing right outside the school. ISTR coming in for flack on an internal work forum some years back, when the topic of inventions you would like to see came up. I suggested a sniper rifle on the school's belisha beacons linked to a speed camera, as my youngest attended the school at the time.

stephec

Legendary Member
A bloke at work once told me about one of those signs near to where he lived.

Apparently there was a competition in his local to see who could display the highest speed on it.

Shame it didn't have guided missiles in it.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

We've just installed one and it's bob-on, every time, so they aren't all as you suggest.
I've tested the one in the village with both cars & GPS, both our cars register 32 on the dial when the sign & GPS say 30, so I agree with you, although the other one in the next village when I approach on cruise control jumps between 28 & 30 as you approach it.

Top Bottom