4x4, Mounts the Kerb, Hits me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woz!

This wasn't me, but one of my close friends.
Child space at the local Sainsburys, with a very pregnant lady and child attempting to reverse. A complete something-hole nipped in behind her and stole the space. No child, not pregnant, just had a nice car that obviously required all the extra space that's afforded by the parent and toddler spaces.
When the pregnant lady politely complained, the driver of the other car got extremely abusive and then walked off. Pregnant lady was understandably extremely upset by this.
My mate observed all this. Sadly when the abusive woman returned to her car she found that some knight in shining armour had let her tyres down, but had been really helpful by supergluing the caps back on so that she didn't lose them in future.

thomas

the tank engine
Woz! said:
My mate observed all this. Sadly when the abusive woman returned to her car she found that some knight in shining armour had let her tyres down, but had been really helpful by supergluing the caps back on so that she didn't lose them in future.

Apparently you should just let one tyre down...that way they think it's flat and fork out for a new tyre :biggrin:

Gary D

I really don't think the "pedal scraped down the side of the car" solution is the right way to go. Surely you are lowering yourself to the same level? (I am sure some will reply and say it was really only a joke and I wouldn't actually do it - however, there are others that I think were quite serious).
It is actually criminal damage and how is that woman going to behave when she next comes across a cyclist?

I think letting the tyres down is a good solution - maximum inconvenience but without causing criminal damage.

The other "solution" that I have thought about doing is to grab the keys out of the ignition and throw them as far as I can in to a most inaccessible place - again max. inconvenience but no criminal damage :biggrin: :biggrin:(I don't think?)

Gary.

thomas

the tank engine
Gary D said:
The other "solution" that I have thought about doing is to grab the keys out of the ignition and throw them as far as I can in to a most inaccessible place - again max. inconvenience but no criminal damage :rolleyes: :biggrin:(I don't think?)

Gary.

It'd be theft wouldn't it?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Gary D said:
I really don't think the "pedal scraped down the side of the car" solution is the right way to go. Surely you are lowering yourself to the same level? (I am sure some will reply and say it was really only a joke and I wouldn't actually do it - however, there are others that I think were quite serious).
It is actually criminal damage and how is that woman going to behave when she next comes across a cyclist?

I think letting the tyres down is a good solution - maximum inconvenience but without causing criminal damage.

The other "solution" that I have thought about doing is to grab the keys out of the ignition and throw them as far as I can in to a most inaccessible place - again max. inconvenience but no criminal damage :rolleyes: :biggrin:(I don't think?)

Gary.

No, i would do it if someone really pissed me off.
The woman didnt seem to care about mounting the pavement and hitting someone with her car, so why should i care about going down the side of her car and scratching her paint?
Yes im lowering myself to her level but never mind.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Gary D said:

Gary.

I've thought about letting tyres down a few times but have always had the sense to hold back.

The key snatch and throw I have also thought about. These things do cross your mind even if you're not prepared to do them... and in my case too cowardly LOL!!

byegad

Legendary Member
+1 on tyres, plus sling the bike onto her bonnet and scape it over to the other side as you climb over yourself. Flat tyres would be a problem for her so leave her your rattiest minipump along with the valve inners on her newly scraped bonnet.

The very threat of that got my ignorant neighbour to park elsewhere than aacross my gate with his 4x4!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The whole point of drive a 4x4 in a city is so that you can drive onto the pavements, that is what the raised suspension is for... :rolleyes:

Letting the tyres down is always a good option, you just need some matches...

Hairy Jock said:
Letting the tyres down is always a good option, you just need some matches...
Is that not arson ? :rolleyes:

WAit 5 minutes, go to Customer Services and coamplain that a badly parked vehicle has blocked you in and ask them to call for the driver!

Some companies get quite annoyed about it - the woman in Tescos (North Harbour) actually announced "Would the owner of a RAnge Rover ** *** *** please return to their vehicle as it is dangerously parked and remove it immediately"

Loads of people watched the entrance to see the offending driver.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I locked my bike up to the trolley sign at Tesco the other day.
The trolley pusher guy left the trolley pusher by my bike and as i was walking up to my bike and the trolley guy was walking past me, he asked if i could get my bike out easily enough. Which i thought was pretty nice. Hed left me loads of room aswell

Then i unlocked my bike, clipped a foot in and lent agaisnt the trolley park and clipped my other foot in and had a guy in a car pull up infront of me so his boot blocked me so he could drop his wife off:wacko:
I squeezed out the gap between the back of his car and the trolley park but what a nob, theres a drop off place where he could of dropped her off.

Joe24 said:
They do.
I was walking up to the paper shop when the junior school at the top of the road was about to be kicking out the little brats.
A guy stopped on the pavement blocking the opening to the cut through. I said something to him and he told me to F off and walk around.

the answer "no" and running over the bonnet works

theres a car used to block the door way to my flats (its a small door between two shops) enough space to get out the door and turn and walk along but not not enough space with a bike

muddy tyre prints on the car sorted that out - only damage done was the car needed washing.

yenrod

Upon riding back from work on Fri. some woman didnt even bother to move out when she passed me - I was looking down at the time...so when the traffic bunched up i stayed behind her...not one reaction of remorse..

Top Bottom