4x4, Mounts the Kerb, Hits me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

and all I was doing was unlocking the bike after shopping!!!

The fat/stupid cow was trying to squeeze into a space outside of the greengrocers. She could not get the monster truck - tbh, she could not have had a smaller car - into the space. I could hear her impatience grow with the revs of her engine as she tried to squeeze in. Eventually she just mounted the kerb and her front bumper scraped the back my knees and the near-side wing mirror brushed my back. Luckily, I was not hurt in anyway.

She had then trapped me in, kerb side, between her vehicle, my bike and the bike stand. I got her to wind the window down and explained, a little annoyed, that she had hit me. She replied that I "should stop the attitude" and it wasn't her fault I was "taking forever", besides she didn't know what I was doing.

We had a little slanging match and then she left and locked her wagon and stormed off. I and the many bystanders were gobsmacked.

After the fact I realised I should have reported her to the coppers, but in the shock of the incident and my own internal rage I just rode off.

GRRRRR

Bman

Guru
I'd be tempted to let her tyres down, then ride off :sun:

+1 on tyres! Just what I was thinking before I saw your post.
Had she left it illegally parked? Shame no one else came up and said something to her.
I'm glad it wasn't worse for you Garrilla, after hearing about the amount of peds killed or seriously hurt by cars mounting the Kerb.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Christ, what a stupid woman. You should have taken her plates and gone to the police for that attitude. :sun: Makes you wonder - if thats how she parks, how the hell does she drive?

buggi

Bird Saviour
well, wouldn't it be a shame if you had "accidently" scraped your pedals down the side of the car as you rode off.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
You should of lent down and let the tyres down, then scraped your bike(pedals are good for this) down the side of her car, make sure you bend the mirrors back.
Would be even better if you got a big chain out and locked a part of her car to the bike stand, see what she would of done then.

I find woman more aggressive then men sometimes, they will sit in their car honking and swearing at you for little things.
I had a woman behind me telling me to move over, this was as i was going along a road at the same speed as the car infront. She had to wait a long time to get past me after that:laugh: I was on the way to do a TT so unfortunatly i couldnt have more of a laugh with the woman to wind her up more

mr Mag00

rising member
report it
cctv?

thomas

the tank engine
Joe24 said:
I find woman more aggressive then men sometimes, they will sit in their car honking and swearing at you for little things.
I had a woman behind me telling me to move over, this was as i was going along a road at the same speed as the car infront. She had to wait a long time to get past me after that:laugh: I was on the way to do a TT so unfortunatly i couldnt have more of a laugh with the woman to wind her up more

I had a few women like that last Thursday. The first women got annoyed that I didn't let her overtake between the gap between the kerb and traffic island, then avoided some pot holes...the latter, similar situation to you, holding a safe distance between me and the car in front, yet she has to get past...both started honking and pointing to the gutter.

Women maybe have a false sense of security. It's less likely that they'll get thumped for doing something stupid or being aggressive in comparison to if a bloke was being.

Joe24

thomas said:
I had a few women like that last Thursday. The first women got annoyed that I didn't let her overtake between the gap between the kerb and traffic island, then avoided some pot holes...the latter, similar situation to you, holding a safe distance between me and the car in front, yet she has to get past...both started honking and pointing to the gutter.

Women maybe have a false sense of security. It's less likely that they'll get thumped for doing something stupid or being aggressive in comparison to if a bloke was being.

They do. If it was a guy he would of either shouted it whilst carrying on driving, just powered off and past close, or got out and smacked me.
I was wanting to woman to pass close, i think he mirror might of gone. It was a brand new 09 aswell, i was hoping i would see it parked up:evil:

Bman

Guru
downfader said:
LOL some of us moan about drivers on other forums saying similar things... :biggrin:

I did say "tempted" doesnt mean I actually would. :biggrin:

Joe24 said:
<snip>
Would be even better if you got a big chain out and locked a part of her car to the bike stand, see what she would of done then.
<snip>

However, I *like* the idea of that. Rather like clamping. If she tries to drive off, she'll be breaking the law :smile:

Joe24

sheddy said:
Strange how this generation of motorists think that it is acceptable to drive onto the pavement

They do.
I was walking up to the paper shop when the junior school at the top of the road was about to be kicking out the little brats.
A guy stopped on the pavement blocking the opening to the cut through. I said something to him and he told me to F off and walk around.

Another guy completely mounted the pavement on a courner so they could turn left, when the car infront was turning right but couldnt go because of the lollipop lady.
Again at kicking out time at the school.

Its all fine though, they pay road tax and have a driving licence

Top Bottom