4x4 stuck on Guided Bus Way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
LMAO. Some nobber has driven what I think is a white Range Rover Vogue onto the GBW about a mile from the start at St Ives near the lakes. The thing has almost turned turtle as the right wheels have fallen into the mud/gravel in the centre and it is sitting at an alarming 45 degrees waiting to be recovered. No bus can pass going from St Ives to Swavesy and then onto Cambridge. I went by just before 8pm and there were a few Hi-Viz coats walking around in the darkness, one double decker bus followed soon after by another that could not pass.

Ha-ha!

Sorry no pics.

:laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jack smith

Veteran
All the gear no idea probably one of daddys cars haha

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've ridden that path. If you miss the signs you really should be made to retake your test. Or just be shot. Either suits me (but leaning to the latter).

screenman

Legendary Member
Nope, not getting it. Stupid yes maybe, but funny, no.

Now a cyclist with a puncture and no spare tube or pump and 15 miles from home, funny?

robjh

Legendary Member
Not funny for the poor bus passengers who get held up, but for the car driver, the price of stupidity.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A cyclist who deliberately threw their pump, spare tubes and tools into a clearly marked bottomless pit, and then rode into clearly marked barbed wire? I'd point, and laugh, till I dislocated a lung.
For avoidance of doubt, I'm 100% with Crankers here :biggrin:

This is always going to be an issue with such a system

Not only stupidity, but also a simple mechanical breakdown on a legitimate vehicle

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Well for all those wondering how a driver could show such an advanced level of stupidity, they appear to have actually left the adjacent track (the opposite side to the tarmac cycle way as we know it) driven up and over the concrete edge onto the busway then stuffed it so the wheels fell in the middle = stuck, or as some have suggested, driven onto it at the start and along, having been followed shortly after by a bus, they panicked with double decker bus behind, tried to manoeuvre off the busway onto the track at the side, but in the process grounded their vehicle prostrate on the busway so it couldn't move.

LMAO.

I so wish I had some pics.

Top Bottom