4x4 stuck on Guided Bus Way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You have to feel some sympathy for these two poor people....
[media]

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S5kKoefyqQ
[/media]

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I farking love those bollard videos. And I think it's a poor show that Crankers didn't get any pics.

It was dark on an isolated part of the busway about 1 mile from the start so the vehicle had either driven from the start oblivious to all the signs and this strange track they were on or tried to get on it where their vehicle got stuck. I favour the later explanation, but it is anyone's guess. The vehicle was gone when I rode by the spot at just after 9am this morning.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The atg bollard company's standpoint on strikes is in a vid on their home page.

Lots of other stuff of interest to bollardardiers.

Security is a big market for atg, they are very proud of their bollard which can withstand the impact of a lorry at 50mph.

The mobile atg engineer who fixed the Durham bollard told me they do lots of work for very wealthy gentlemen you have never heard of in the Middle East.

http://www.atgaccess.com/

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Vehicular access was so much simpler in the 1970s. In a town not a million miles from a guided bus way, impoverished students used the public multi-storey car park to store their appallingly dangerous vehicles. You drove in and took a ticket from a machine. The City Council expected you to pay at the exit. A simple system was devised to hang on to your student grant. You drove out by getting a pal to wheel a supermarket trolley across the entrance ramp, fooling the metal detector, and exited sharpish the wrong way as the barrier was raised.
Usually giggling.

I'd be expecting the AA to repair the bollard damage to the car for free - van driver's fault!

I'm not sure... If there wasn't a warning sign saying "no tow/articulation" prior to the bollards, I was thinking the AA would have a good claim again the council for that one! Would love to know what happened and who ended up paying :smile:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'm not sure... If there wasn't a warning sign saying "no tow/articulation" prior to the bollards, I was thinking the AA would have a good claim again the council for that one! Would love to know what happened and who ended up paying :smile:
Good point! Although with the number of 'bollard attack' videos around these days, I'd have thought more people would realise how fast they go up.

But then maybe the AA man doesn't waste as much time as me on the internet! :laugh:

Funnily enough we had new barriers for a car park at work

The Car park also contains bike lockers

First morning pointed out that bikes could not get past

By lunchtime the gates were two feet shorter allowing cycle access

That is a bike friendly employer

Or the LSD!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpZlnbQRvDXy2I8akxh8a7fMPTa3lFD-m6qdEZAqmXeHh79tE5dQ.jpg

Top Bottom