50p 5p 50p 5p 50p 5p

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Vikeonabike, 30 Apr 2010.

1. Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike CC Neighbourhood Police Constable

....approaching keep left bollards when I heard a car approaching quickly behind me...was already in primary and wearing the brightest of yellow...no worries thought I, got to slow down, well they bloody well didn't so I dive for the curb, as a silver car screams passed at well above the 40 limit....on the other side of the keep left bollards....my bottom hole was going 50p,5p,50p,5p...and I was furious.......I don't like being scared lunless I choose to be scared!:laugh:

Yes I did get his index and have reported him to a very understanding police officer who has put a notice of intended prosecution in the post for due care and inconsiderate driving...took a statement too....:laugh:

classic33 likes this.
  2. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Well done ... are you good at remembering number plates or do you stop and note it down at the time?

3. gouldina

gouldina New Member

Not having a pop here but could a non-policemen expect this to happen?

4. martynjc1977

martynjc1977 Guest

Glad your ok Vike,

tbh tho your position as a PC puts you in a better position to get a result like that, some officers don't take the general cycling public seriously.

5. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

Nice :biggrin:

It's moments like that I wish I was a member of the force. Oh to see their face :laugh:

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Right. We need a friendly member of the police on here from every force in the country. How do we go about sorting that out?!:laugh:

classic33 likes this.
  7. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

Well done! :laugh:

8. OP
    OP
    Vikeonabike

Summer I tend to try to remeber them as I ride, even cars that I don't have an issue with.....Although I only had to remember this one for two minutes before I was on the phone to PNC

9. OP
    OP
    Vikeonabike

Yes.....(if you live in cambridgeshire):laugh:

10. gouldina

gouldina New Member

Right. That's a shame then. They ain't like that round that Laaaaahndaaaahn I can tell you.

11. Whereabout were you Vike? And can you tell me make & model of car so I can avoid the bu66er!​

12. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Nice one Vike!!

13. gb155

gb155 Fan Boy No More.

bleedin eck, at least you reported him and the Police seem to be doing something !

14. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

It helps that Vike's "one of them". :laugh:

Well done, Vike.. let's hope the ar$ehole gets a nice shock (him, not yours... unless you're into that sort of thing).

15. gouldina

gouldina New Member

Let us know what happens please Vike. I'd really like to know what comes of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice