50p 5p 50p 5p 50p 5p

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
....approaching keep left bollards when I heard a car approaching quickly behind me...was already in primary and wearing the brightest of yellow...no worries thought I, got to slow down, well they bloody well didn't so I dive for the curb, as a silver car screams passed at well above the 40 limit....on the other side of the keep left bollards....my bottom hole was going 50p,5p,50p,5p...and I was furious.......I don't like being scared lunless I choose to be scared!:laugh:

Yes I did get his index and have reported him to a very understanding police officer who has put a notice of intended prosecution in the post for due care and inconsiderate driving...took a statement too....:laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well done ... are you good at remembering number plates or do you stop and note it down at the time?

gouldina

Vikeonabike said:
Yes I did get his index and have reported him to a very understanding police officer who has put a notice of intended prosecution in the post for due care and inconsiderate driving...took a statement too....:laugh:

Not having a pop here but could a non-policemen expect this to happen?

martynjc1977

Veteran
Glad your ok Vike,

tbh tho your position as a PC puts you in a better position to get a result like that, some officers don't take the general cycling public seriously.

redjedi

Über Member
Vikeonabike said:

Nice :biggrin:

It's moments like that I wish I was a member of the force. Oh to see their face :laugh:

bauldbairn

Vikeonabike said:
.....Yes I did get his index and have reported him to a very understanding police officer who has put a notice of intended prosecution in the post for due care and inconsiderate driving...took a statement too....:laugh:

Well done! :laugh:

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

summerdays said:
Well done ... are you good at remembering number plates or do you stop and note it down at the time?

Summer I tend to try to remeber them as I ride, even cars that I don't have an issue with.....Although I only had to remember this one for two minutes before I was on the phone to PNC

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

gouldina said:
Not having a pop here but could a non-policemen expect this to happen?

Yes.....(if you live in cambridgeshire):laugh:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Vikeonabike said:
....approaching keep left bollards when I heard a car approaching quickly behind me...was already in primary and wearing the brightest of yellow...no worries thought I, got to slow down, well they bloody well didn't so I dive for the curb, as a silver car screams passed at well above the 40 limit....on the other side of the keep left bollards....my bottom hole was going 50p,5p,50p,5p...and I was furious.......I don't like being scared lunless I choose to be scared!:laugh:

bleedin eck, at least you reported him and the Police seem to be doing something !

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
gb155 said:
bleedin eck, at least you reported him and the Police seem to be doing something !
It helps that Vike's "one of them". :laugh:

Well done, Vike.. let's hope the ar$ehole gets a nice shock (him, not yours... unless you're into that sort of thing).

Top Bottom