58 tooth chainring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Around 150 cadence then, why were you sprinting in the little ring?

I got caught of guard and it was a bit of commuting fun with MrOrigamist.

That isn't this one but here i get to 34mph at 140rpm without getting out of the saddle or being in the drops. When i'm back in a fit state I will do some runs to prove that it is possible for someone that isn't a pro and who doesn't race to do this sort of speed.
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCyThgM_55I[/media]

That isn't this one but here i get to 34mph at 140rpm without getting out of the saddle or being in the drops. When i'm back in a fit state I will do some runs to prove that it is possible for someone that isn't a pro and who doesn't race to do this sort of speed.
[media]

Oh, when you said racing I thought you meant official racing, that's why I asked.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride

[media]

Nice riding Gaz :thumbsup:

I'm pretty convinced that the garmin uses the gsc-10 for speed if it is detected, if its not present then it will proceed with gps. If this wasnt the case, what is the point in logging rear wheel speeds? Unless they have some algorithm to test cross correlation.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read here (so it could be garbage ;)) that the garmin only uses the sensor when the gps signal isn't there.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'm not 100% sure but I think I read here (so it could be garbage ;)) that the garmin only uses the sensor when the gps signal isn't there.

I'll test it when I get a chance (I'll pick my bike up with the wheel stationary) whilst I have gps signal and run with the bike. :tongue: Seems like a pointless addition/poor implementation if that is the case.

So you probably just looked like a cyclist giving it stink!!!! Great speed Buddy, would you have gone faster if you hadn't been stopped?

I think I'd pretty much given it eveything I had by that point, I was running out of road also. I had built up the speed to get up a sharp incline at the end of the road.

zizou

Veteran
If garmin data is involved then easy enough to post a link to the rides with the sprint speed and average speeds and it will also show elevation etc. Wont show tailwinds and getting a slipstream but we'll take your word on that :smile:

[media]

To go from 34 mph to 45 mph you need to more than double the watts produced so you aren't going to get there by just being a bit fitter. The range that gb155 gave was that he was able to sprint between 40 mph and 45 mph. That is a pretty huge range considering the necessary watts needed to make that difference so is as vague as someone saying their sprint was between 5 mph and 30 mph. Slipstreaming, tailwinds, downhill (or coming from a downhill) can of course allow higher speeds. But getting up to 40 on the flat with no help is a extremely difficult and getting to 45 mph is out of the reaches of most pro cyclists never mind guys like me!

Anyway pretty cool video how do you get the speedometer etc on it?

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I think I'd pretty much given it eveything I had by that point, I was running out of road also. I had built up the speed to get up a sharp incline at the end of the road.

Shame, those hills are a sod on the slow climb
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom