58 tooth chainring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Speeds from the garmin are logged via gps but you can cross reference them if you use a cadence sensor. The distance value is recorded by it but not used in the speed calculation.

I've gone + 35mph in the inner ring with plenty left in the tank. I think I could go +40mph from a standing start on the flat if the conditions are right.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Speeds from the garmin are logged via gps but you can cross reference them if you use a cadence sensor. The distance value is recorded by it but not used in the speed calculation.

I've gone + 35mph in the inner ring with plenty left in the tank. I think I could go +40mph from a standing start on the flat if the conditions are right.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

My experience suggests that speed is calculated from the rear wheel speed, sit on a turbo and spin with gps turned on, speed will be displayed but no distance information. Unles you turn gps off, then you get speed and distance.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

My experience suggests that speed is calculated from the rear wheel speed, sit on a turbo and spin with gps turned on, speed will be displayed but no distance information. Unles you turn gps off, then you get speed and distance.

Interesting. Mainly for the fact that rear wheel speed is measure and not front.

What cadence?!

With a 39 T inner ring and 15T rear sprocket, it's 170 RPM cadence.

With a 34 T inner ring and the same sprocket it's 195 RPM.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Interesting. Mainly for the fact that rear wheel speed is measure and not front.

Its because the sensor is located on the non-drive side seat stay within scope of crank passing (to log cadence as a crank arm magnet passes) and then a little arm sticking out of it sits near wheel to log wheel magnet. Two measurements with one unit :smile:

@ Jhonnyblade,

I was given a producer for ID and any insurance or other documents I had for it. They examined the bike in the station, I assume they logged it and checked if it was recorded as stolen.

They were actually quite nice.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
@ Jhonnyblade,

I was given a producer for ID and any insurance or other documents I had for it. They examined the bike in the station, I assume they logged it and checked if it was recorded as stolen.

They were actually quite nice.

You definitely met the wrong copper that day :blush:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

Ah yes, I'll have to double check. Garmin don't make this easy eh.

What cadence?!
A very fast cadence. But the way that people have dismissed that +40mph is not possible because they can't do it and pro's can. Must mean I can't spin that fast.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You could probably do that yourself if you dismantled the head unit of one of the wireless sensors. Split out the screen, put the unit in your helmet with a small plug to connect the helmet to your sunglasses. The LCD films (LCD and polarizer) are pretty thin.

I will be completely honest. I would like it done by someone who wouldn't risk blinding or electrocuting me :smile:

Top Bottom