58 tooth chainring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ok Robert fair enough that is a valid point. To my knowledge I have not seen devices that use a mixture of GPS and "standard" cycle computer technology. As you me explain it I can see where issues may arise.

Im open for input to how the Garmin works, because I dont KNOW for certain (I edited my post to reflect this, its propriety techology, its unlikely any standard consumer will know the exact algorithms used) I can only deduce so much from my unit and my usage terms. I'm just trying to put across an arguement that Garmin's arent foolproof and that average speed might not (it might, depending on how they do work) indicate the accuracy of instantanious speed.

I'm not posting to insult!

I've been pulled over for speeding in a 40mph zone on a not quite flat, not quite hilly road

I reset my computer this weekend just gone and it currently shows a reading of 40.23mph on it which was done on the same road I was pulled over on.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Im open for input to how the Garmin works, because I dont KNOW for certain (I edited my post to reflect this, its propriety techology, its unlikely any standard consumer will know the exact algorithms used) I can only deduce so much from my unit and my usage terms. I'm just trying to put across an arguement that Garmin's arent foolproof and that average speed might not (it might, depending on how they do work) indicate the accuracy of instantanious speed.

I'm not posting to insult!

Rob I know you are not posting to insult. You have a valid argument here.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
This is not about one thread, but your behaviour in general.

Also, notably, running and telling someone with an eating condition whenever anyone says anything bad about him in chat isn't going to do him any favours. Sometimes it's better to not tell your friends things and argue their point for them - that said when someone last mentioned his chronic undereating to you in chat you left in a huff. People actually really care about Gaz(gb155) and are amazed at what he has achieved, but want him to stay healthy, I am in this camp, he's done amazingly well and is a poster boy for what fitness can do - he just needs a little help readjusting and stabilising his weight and eating practice.

I know how much I suffered going from training 40hours a week to less than 10 on diet alone.

Wow you know a lot for somebody with 27 posts. If you notice I have encouraged him to eat more but know that just saying it will achieve nothing at all. He has to want to change and I believe he does.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I've been pulled over for speeding in a 40mph zone on a not quite flat, not quite hilly road

I reset my computer this weekend just gone and it currently shows a reading of 40.23mph on it which was done on the same road I was pulled over on.

I thought it was quite difficult to be pulled up for speeding because of the uncertain and diverse calibrations of the equipment we use?
I know Chris Boardman tried it a fefw times as a publicity thing but got no where. I seem to remember someone being 'done' for riding furiously!!!

On the flat I've never managed more than 34 although I have passed that on the down hills :tongue:

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
If you could actually type using the English language I would be most appreciative.

You are actually in a very dark place

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
This is not about one thread, but your behaviour in general.

Also, notably, running and telling someone with an eating condition whenever anyone says anything bad about him in chat isn't going to do him any favours. Sometimes it's better to not tell your friends things and argue their point for them - that said when someone last mentioned his chronic undereating to you in chat you left in a huff. People actually really care about Gaz(gb155) and are amazed at what he has achieved, but want him to stay healthy, I am in this camp, he's done amazingly well and is a poster boy for what fitness can do - he just needs a little help readjusting and stabilising his weight and eating practice.

I know how much I suffered going from training 40hours a week to less than 10 on diet alone.

But there are ways and then there are ways, I would agree, and have posted as much to him, that Gaz does need to get continued support to organise his dietary requirements. But folks are different, there will be some appalled at the openness shown on a public forum by people like Gaz and AFS, others will recognise that it's another form of a coping mechanism. It may not be your cup of tea but this level of honesty is often advocated when trying to overcome addictive issues.

Some of the stuff on here just descends into plain nastiness and empathy isn't even getting a look in. Yes it can be frustrating when you see/read someone struggling with behaviours that your gut reaction to is, MTFU and get over yourself. But if you find it frustrating then leave it alone.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
But there are ways and then there are ways, I would agree, and have posted as much to him, that Gaz does need to get continued support to organise his dietary requirements. But folks are different, there will be some appalled at the openness shown on a public forum by people like Gaz and AFS, others will recognise that it's another form of a coping mechanism. It may not be your cup of tea but this level of honesty is often advocated when trying to overcome addictive issues.

Some of the stuff on here just descends into plain nastiness and empathy isn't even getting a look in. Yes it can be frustrating when you see/read someone struggling with behaviours that your gut reaction to is, MTFU and get over yourself. But if you find it frustrating then leave it alone.

Well said that man!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Man up you bunch of blow hards! STFU about feelings and all that cobblers, this is about SPEED (or lack of in MacB's case :tongue:)

02GF74

Über Member
I thought it was quite difficult to be pulled up for speeding because of the uncertain and diverse calibrations of the equipment we use?

I got pulled over by the police for doing 46 in a 30 mph. And no, unlike some poelple, it was not on the flat but a steep hill (A404 Marlow Hill down into High Wycombe if anyone wants to try it). I didn't see the police car behind me but should have realiesed something was amiss as I was overtaking all the cars who obviously had slowed down for the police.

Pretty sure my speedo was correct.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I got pulled over by the police for doing 46 in a 30 mph. And no, unlike some poelple, it was not on the flat but a steep hill (A404 Marlow Hill down into High Wycombe if anyone wants to try it). I didn't see the police car behind me but should have realiesed something was amiss as I was overtaking all the cars who obviously had slowed down for the police.

What happened after you were pulled over?

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride

Well that's 2 of you that go against what I've heard and no need to distruct your words. Looks like I'll have to be a little more vigilant on those mph roads :whistle:

*distrust*

Top Bottom