6.5 hours into a sixteen hour stint...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I could have I reckon. I was registered as both Andy and Andrew. Not sure how that happened, but it is a little worrying.

Could have advantages, I suppose, two votes, two state pensions, etc.... but..... on the downside, two lots of tax, two lots of National Insurance.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The last time I did a 16 hour shift straight through, I got the sack at the end of the shift :sad:
The last time that I did a 16 hour shift straight through, I followed it immediately with a second shift, and after that started a third one...

The next thing I knew, I was transported into an an alternate universe where cackling aliens were blasting me with ray guns! :eek:

It turned out that I had fallen asleep mid-sentence while discussing the software I was supposed to be writing. The cackling aliens were my colleagues laughing at me, and the sound of the ray guns was the PC beeping at me because I had face-planted on my keyboard... :wacko:

To complete a perfect work experience, I was so tired that I forgot I was vegetarian and ate somebody else's late night pepperoni pizza... It was only when he complained of being stuck with a 'poxy' vegetarian pizza that I remembered! :laugh:

ColinJ

Meanwhile, back at the election...

Thanks to every one supporting the process, despite the fact that we are doomed whoever gets in, and whatever they actually do. (PLEASE prove me wrong for once!)

BUT... I voted hours ago so would the local activists of all parties kindly stop knocking at my door now!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The last time that I did a 16 hour shift straight through, I followed it immediately with a second shift, and after that started a third one...

The next thing I knew, I was transported into an an alternate universe where cackling aliens were blasting me with ray guns! :eek:

It turned out that I had fallen asleep mid-sentence while discussing the software I was supposed to be writing. The cackling aliens were my colleagues laughing at me, and the sound of the ray guns was the PC beeping at me because I had face-planted on my keyboard... :wacko:

To complete a perfect work experience, I was so tired that I forgot I was vegetarian and ate somebody else's late night pepperoni pizza... It was only when he complained of being stuck with a 'poxy' vegetarian pizza that I remembered! :laugh:

As a fellow "Software worker", well ex-, since I am now retired, I can identify with that. Worked some crazy "shifts", days on end in some cases..... thank goodness I didn't work for Boeing ;)

ColinJ

As a fellow "Software worker", well ex-, since I am now retired, I can identify with that. Worked some crazy "shifts", days on end in some cases..... thank goodness I didn't work for Boeing ;)
It was totally bloody stupid - I was so tired that I couldn't even stay awake, let alone think straight! But there would be the cajoling and the blackmail - "many jobs will go if we don't ship this on time"... :thumbsdown:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'll be voting on the way home at about 9.45 for the party I hate the least.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

My longest shift as an Exhibition Contractor/Joiner was 37hrs, admittedly I did sit in a Van on the way to Olympia for a couple of hours.

Top Bottom