6.5 hours into a sixteen hour stint...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Shift at an end, unless you're doing the count?

Slick

Guru
Bit of a row at my polling station tonight with one guy unable to vote as they have obviously scored off his name in error when someone else voted earlier. He wasn't happy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bit of a row at my polling station tonight with one guy unable to vote as they have obviously scored off his name in error when someone else voted earlier. He wasn't happy.
Personation?

They'd to close a polling station early one year, an elderly relative wheeled in in her wheelchair to vote. Two people moving her arm over the ballot paper. Presiding Officer intervened, and found that the elderly relative was no longer on this earth.

Slick

Guru
Personation?

They'd to close a polling station early one year, an elderly relative wheeled in in her wheelchair to vote. Two people moving her arm over the ballot paper. Presiding Officer intervened, and found that the elderly relative was no longer on this earth.
Wow, not great is it.

It looked more like an error than anything sinister in my example, but you never know.

classic33

Leg End Member
Wow, not great is it.

It looked more like an error than anything sinister in my example, but you never know.
Worst I've come across.

If someone else went in, without the voting papers, and gave another persons name and address, they've to accept that they're the person they say they are. Second person, giving the same details, raises the question of trying to vote twice.

Slick

Guru
Worst I've come across.

If someone else went in, without the voting papers, and gave another persons name and address, they've to accept that they're the person they say they are. Second person, giving the same details, raises the question of trying to vote twice.
That was the suggestion from the council guy. He was reading from a script and quizzing him on his identity and if he'd voted here or anywhere else today. Quite embarrassing in a small village.

classic33

Leg End Member
That was the suggestion from the council guy. He was reading from a script and quizzing him on his identity and if he'd voted here or anywhere else today. Quite embarrassing in a small village.
There's two letters before the number, they show at which station they should vote. Visiting Officer is the first point of contact, but there should be no direct communication between polling station staff at seperate stations.

classic33

Leg End Member
Personation claims in Scotland being announced.

You'd have thought @DCBassman would have let us know he'd finished his shift!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom