6 Nations 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
the tournament is underway.

We’re Wales very good or Italy very poor. Any team that keeps a team to nil must be good.

Scotland could have won that game. Ireland didn’t look great. Hogg dropped a sitter

Mo1959

Legendary Member
the tournament is underway.

We’re Wales very good or Italy very poor. Any team that keeps a team to nil must be good.

Scotland could have won that game. Ireland didn’t look great. Hogg dropped a sitter
Yep. Scotland lost rather than Ireland won. They are looking better than the end of last season though.

Too early to say until we see France/England tomorrow.

Italy are always relatively poor, but it is unusual to see a team nilled in the 6 Nations so Wales did well considering the changes in the team and management.

Scotland had the same weaknesses they have displayed for years, mostly poor finishing and losing possession, while Ireland seem to have all their usual strengths such as strength in defence, spoiling the opposition's possession and keeping up the pressure.

D

Deleted member 1258

I slept through large parts of the Wales game, the Scotland game was more entertaining.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Scotland game was frustrating, it was like watching us from a few years ago - getting into good positions and failing to capitalise. Cotter and Townsend had, I thought, got us much more clinical.

There were positives though, mostly that we've got Ireland out of the way. They're such a cynical side at the breakdown, always have been in my 20 odd years of watching/playing the game. It's so obvious what they're doing and yet they never get pinged for it. Maddening.

wisdom

Guru
France certainly have the speed and accuracy.England will have to sort themselves out and quickly:blush:

D

Deleted member 1258

France look sharper than we do, I can't see England coming back.:sad:

England are going to lose a game that they should have won. So wasteful with endless scoring opportunities that went begging.

France obviously didn't listen to Eddie Jones's warnings about the brutality that they would face.

I wonder whether these silly, provocative statements from Jones don't have the opposite result of making England's opponents more determined to prove him wrong.

Two brilliant solo tries from May panicked France and gave England a bit of a chance. Sean Edwards deserves huge praise for the much improved defensive work of France.

Last edited:
Top Bottom