60 or over? Book your Covid vaccine now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That'll only be your local surgery that does it then, can't be that far, my Grandfather used to cycle from Todmorden to Halifax daily just after WW1.
There is a big health centre in Todmorden so I would expect them to be doing the jabs. It's less than a 10 minute ride from here.

Is your local surgery definitely offering the vaccination? Not all will be (eg my parents isn’t, but they’re only a couple of miles from a super centre)
Good question! It damn well should be, given the size of the place and how many people it serves (15,000+). It did say in the letter that I received a month ago that they would be.

I just checked the group practice website. They said that there are often 150+ people in the telephone queue so please don't ring them unless it is absolutely necessary. I have a blood test there the week after next so I will ask in person if I haven't heard from them by then.

I was in the local Boots pharmacy yesterday picking up my warfarin prescription. They do flu jabs there so I asked if they are also doing jabs for coronavirus. The woman that I spoke to said that they had offered their services but hadn't had a reply... :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
There is a big health centre in Todmorden so I would expect them to be doing the jabs. It's less than a 10 minute ride from here.

Good question! It damn well should be, given the size of the place and how many people it serves (15,000+). It did say in the letter that I received a month ago that they would be.

I just checked the group practice website. They said that there are often 150+ people in the telephone queue so please don't ring them unless it is absolutely necessary. I have a blood test there the week after next so I will ask in person if I haven't heard from them by then.

I was in the local Boots pharmacy yesterday picking up my warfarin prescription. They do flu jabs there so I asked if they are also doing jabs for coronavirus. The woman that I spoke to said that they had offered their services but hadn't had a reply... :whistle:
I’d expect any discussions between the NHS and a large national chain like Boots would be done at Head Office not branch level.

Does your health centre website not have any information about whether they are doing Covid vaccination there? Seems odd if not if a large practice

ColinJ

Does your health centre website not have any information about whether they are doing Covid vaccination there? Seems odd if not if a large practice
It does indicate that they are doing vaccinations but the site is out of date. (It mentions contacting all over-70s by mid-February!)

I'll wait until my coming blood test, which will get me into the building. The waiting area is next to reception so I should be able to ask somebody there what is going on.

ColinJ

I keep thinking of those poor men who were killed on Armistice Day, 1918! :whistle:

Blimey - I just read a really depressing article about Henry Gunther... :sad:

Wikipedia article said:
Gunther got up, against the orders of his close friend and now sergeant, Ernest Powell, and charged with his bayonet. The German soldiers, already aware of the armistice that would take effect in one minute, tried to wave Gunther away. He kept going and fired "a shot or two". When he got too close to the machine guns, he was shot in a short burst of automatic fire and killed instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom