60 or over? Book your Covid vaccine now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t follow. Have you been invited to be vaccinated if you’re still registered? If so, can’t you take it up (after 10 days quarantine?)
I haven't had my post checked for three weeks. I will have it checked tomorrow.
You bring me news I was not aware of, I should have paid attention to the news.
I was under the misapprehension that I would have to reside in an appointed hotel.
I'm still in a tricky spot even if I can self isolate at my home🙄.
My worse half has been stuck in the UK since the frontiers closed again. I have several beasts and one sick with an arm length list of daily meds. I would not wish it on the most tolerant of my friends or neighbours.
It was wishful thinking on my part and a dig at the EU for their pathetic lack of organisation. A moment for the member states organisation to step up to the plate and so far they have let their people down.

vickster

Legendary Member
I haven't had my post checked for three weeks. I will have it checked tomorrow.
You bring me news I was not aware of, I should have paid attention to the news.
I was under the misapprehension that I would have to reside in an appointed hotel.
I'm still in a tricky spot even if I can self isolate at my home🙄.
My worse half has been stuck in the UK since the frontiers closed again. I have several beasts and one sick with an arm length list of daily meds. I would not wish it on the most tolerant of my friends or neighbours.
It was wishful thinking on my part and a dig at the EU for their pathetic lack of organisation. A moment for the member states organisation to step up to the plate and so far they have let their people down.
Ah well, you’ll have to wait for France to sort itself out :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

48 hours later & nothing other than it feels like I have a bruise on my upper arm where the jab went in, friend in Birmingham (53yo) had it yesterday & was quite poorly, couldn't get warm, shivering ended up going to bed to try to get warm, feels like he has man flu this morning, his wife (53yo) felt 'off' but nothing serious. My wife & I were wondering last night if your reaction to the vaccine is anyway indicative of how you would be if you had caught the virus? I know it's OT but wondered if anybody had heard anything?

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mrs A_T reacted with flu-like shivers, temperature, headache and general lethargy which lasted about 48 hours after her jab two weeks ago... Had my first jab yesterday and went to bed with the electric blanket switched on to ease shivers, then got far too hot- terrible night but feel OK this morning.

Not sure whether there is a link between your reaction to the jab and antibody creation as everyone's different so there are no clues to that, other than getting an antibody check 3 or 4 weeks after the injection.

Mrs A_T reacted with flu-like shivers, temperature, headache and general lethargy which lasted about 48 hours after her jab two weeks ago... Had my first jab yesterday and went to bed with the electric blanket switched on to ease shivers, then got far too hot- terrible night but feel OK this morning.

Not sure whether there is a link between your reaction to the jab and antibody creation as everyone's different so there are no clues to that, other than getting an antibody check 3 or 4 weeks after the injection.
I wondered if it was due to age. My son - no side effects at all, elderly parents - no side effects, middle aged husband - felt dreadful for 24 hours. So . . . no (data set of 4!)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

I Googled this from a personal perspective.

Had my O-AZ jab just over a week ago and have had no side effects whatsoever - not even a sore spot at the site of the jab.

Got me wondering if my immune system was ok.

Apparently there is no conclusive evidence either way that suggests that a strong response (lots of after effects) or weak response indicates that the immune system is or is not working and producing anti-bodies post jab.

All O-AZ small sample results:

Me (64) - zilch.

Wife (57) - tired and achy all over following day and then sore arm for a few days.

Friend 1 (M68) - felt rough for 1 day.

Friend 2 (M58) - 'flattened' and bed-ridden for 2 days.

Friend 3 (F55) - sore arm for a few days.

Friend 4 (F54) - sore spot for a few days where the jab went in.

D

Deleted member 26715

I Googled this from a personal perspective.

Had my O-AZ jab just over a week ago and have had no side effects whatsoever - not even a sore spot at the site of the jab.

Got me wondering if my immune system was ok.

Apparently there is no conclusive evidence either way that suggests that a strong response (lots of after effects) or weak response indicates that the immune system is or is not working and producing anti-bodies post jab.

All O-AZ small sample results:

Me (64) - zilch.

Wife (57) - tired and achy all over following day and then sore arm for a few days.

Friend 1 (M68) - felt rough for 1 day.

Friend 2 (M58) - 'flattened' and bed-ridden for 2 days.

Friend 3 (F55) - sore arm for a few days.

Friend 4 (F54) - sore spot for a few days where the jab went in.
M60 O-AZ - sore arm for 2 days so far
M56 O-AZ - Had to go to bed 6 hours later with shivers,
F56 O-AZ - Just felt lethargic

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so
I was injected last Tuesday, ironically in ŷ GSK’s squash courts (a z) Just spent a merry quarter hour filling in a random survey of side effects.(nil).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ha! I received a letter on February 5th saying that I would be contacted "soon" by my local GP service to arrange vaccination. Wait until contacted or book online. I chose to wait...

Here we are, 4 weeks later and no word from the GP so I went online to book and got this result...

Typical!

I'll try again later...

D

Deleted member 26715

It's working now... Hmm, nearest centres are Burnley and Halifax. I'd rather wait a bit longer and get it done in Todmorden.
That'll only be your local surgery that does it then, can't be that far, my Grandfather used to cycle from Todmorden to Halifax daily just after WW1.

I was jabbed Wednesday, got my letter yesterday asking me to contact my local surgery to arrange for my jab.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's working now... Hmm, nearest centres are Burnley and Halifax. I'd rather wait a bit longer and get it done in Todmorden.
Is your local surgery definitely offering the vaccination? Not all will be (eg my parents isn’t, but they’re only a couple of miles from a super centre)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom