67 safe overtakes in a row....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
....actually, there were a lot more, but this is just the first 1/3rd (17 minutes) of my commute home on Friday (edited down to just the overtakes). It's the first time I've used the rear view cam on the trike (it's a cheapo cam, useless in the dark of the last few months). I've always been aware of how much more space is given to me whilst on the recumbents, but this video shows almost 70 'perfect' overtakes, and also just how many actually signal before overtaking. I have wide spaced rear lights (on strobe) which also helps define width, and I do ride in primary where appropriate. I plan ride one day next week on the df road bike for comparison, but I know from experience that I won't get the same courtesy.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_-mVUS8Zk&feature=youtu.be

Most of the vids on youtube are of poor driving, just thought I'd show that the vast majority are driving correctly.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Was this filmed with a potato?

I'm sure most of us could make a similar video, but unfortunately it is rather boring.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Yes, very (very, very) boring, and yes, it's a naff camera (I have a decent helmet cam) just trying to show the space given when you're on something that stands out. I had more than my fair share of near passes/near misses during the 2 years that I commuted on a 'normal' df bike.

Was this filmed with a potato?

I'm sure most of us could make a similar video, but unfortunately it is rather boring.

Really? Well, I've set the bar at 67. Actually, I have 2 more sections on vid, so it's probably more like 150 safe passes, but I didn't want to bore y'all too much. :whistle:

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yes, very (very, very) boring, and yes, it's a naff camera (I have a decent helmet cam) just trying to show the space given when you're on something that stands out. I had more than my fair share of near passes/near misses during the 2 years that I commuted on a 'normal' df bike.

Really? Well, I've set the bar at 67. Actually, I have 2 more sections on vid, so it's probably more like 150 safe passes, but I didn't want to bore y'all too much. :whistle:
If only I still had the footage from when I went to brighton last, must have had well over 300 cars overtake me, all with no issue.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If only I still had the footage from when I went to brighton last, must have had well over 300 cars overtake me, all with no issue.

And surely you get that many times over on your daily commute.

Reactions: gaz

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
C'mon, own up.... who has watched the video the whole way through? :whistle:
I got to 3 minutes and 40 seconds. (white/grey car with lights)

Herr-B

Run it through an editor and double the speed of playback, at least. You know people here want instant gratification.

Top Bottom