6p off diesel and petrol for next 3 months.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Life is an inconvenience

If you say so.

Linford

Give it up Drago, all public sector workers live in big houses with huge pension pots just waiting for us to retire. We also don't actually do any work.

They jolly well do around this way - try getting a job witht the council without a degree nowadays. All the menial public sector jobs went for private contract years ago if User482 is to be believed

U

User482

They jolly well do around this way - try getting a job witht the council without a degree nowadays. All the menial public sector jobs went for private contract years ago if User482 is to be believed

So if you have a degree and work in the public sector, you must have a big house?

Drago

Legendary Member
Linford seems to have forgotten that councils don't actually do anything any more. Everything from cleaners, to dust men, to road workers, to social care staff are all outsourced. Your carncil is just a big management team administering all this. And managers generally earn more than worker bees in public and private sector.

I dunno about you martin, but my 3 bed semi bungalow and invisible car parked on my driveway really speak volumes for my wealth after 26 years of service to the Queen. Some people just have no idea about what it's line in the real World for real people who do real work.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ps, I got a degree too. Perhaps I'm not badgering the treasury hard enough?

My Brother is a warehouse supervisor, works 5 hours a week less than me, never gets beaten up, spat at, assaulted, stabbed at, shot at, is guaranteed to finish work bang in time each day, doesn't work shifts, doesn't need official permission from his boss to live where he wants, and earns rather more than I do.

I'm not bitching, I chose my own course, did it my way. But people like Linford that think my service and sacrifice are rewarded with big detached houses, Jags, and a retirement spent at the golf club are so out of touch with reality it's beyond insulting.

U

User482

Heres my little sisters house, she's a public servant AND has a degree (a PhD no less)....

images

Luxury. We 'ad to make do w'i 'ole in t'road.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I dunno about you martin, but my 3 bed semi bungalow and invisible car parked on my driveway really speak volumes for my wealth after 26 years of service to the Queen. Some people just have no idea about what it's line in the real World for real people who do real work.
You've got a SEMI???? I can only afford a terrace but I am in London (well within the M25).

I can't say I've got overly rich after 24 years in Crown service. I've also got a 2:1 BSc in Computer Science.

Linford

[QUOTE 2025632, member: 259"]Are you speaking from experience here, Linf?[/quote]

Bloody hell no. Little call for what I trained for in the public sector.

Top Bottom