6p off diesel and petrol for next 3 months.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/current-affairs-and-debates.17/
That should do for starters.

(Honestly. The things one has to do for people in the caff. The next thing we know they'll be asking us to poor their tea into saucers so they can slurp it, the poor dears.)

I can find CA &D myself, a pointer to the thread would be nice:rolleyes:

Linford

2011544 said:

If someone said that he wasted what god given talent he has pushing numbers around to skew the argument away from common sense - I'd probably believe them more easily than anything he has to say on a usergroup which he appears to despise....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If someone said that he wasted what god given talent he has pushing numbers around to skew the argument away from common sense - I'd probably believe them more easily than anything he has to say on a usergroup which he appears to despise....
I doubt any cyclist really despises motorists. We are all people.

But boy do motorists like to bleat on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how hard done by they are and how they have no choice(s).

Which, in a cycling forum, could be seen as a little odd.

Davidc

Guru
Irrespective of taxes oil based fuels will get more expensive, simply because we've run out of easy to extract cheap sources. There's an ample supply at present but more and more is coming from shales, tar sands and other sources which are expensive to exploit and have shorrt production lives.

Add to that the ever increasing costs of maintaining the road infrastructure and the escalating non-fuel cost of running vehicles and there's a crunch looming. Car manufacturers can't go on running at a loss either, as many are at present.

A few pence on a litre makes a difference to all of us in the short term, but it's more the longer term which should be giving cause for concern.

A good start would be for trunk roads to be toll financed with a requirement to break even and to charge according to damage caused. That would begin to address the problem of making individuals and companies understand the true costs of road transport!

Linford

I doubt any cyclist really despises motorists. We are all people.

But boy do motorists like to bleat on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how hard done by they are and how they have no choice(s).

Which, in a cycling forum, could be seen as a little odd.

I do think it is clever how you managed to line all the words up. You must have taken ages to do that. That is what I call dedication to your cause :becool:

I belong to a few forums (including a couple of motorcycling and car ones), but just don't see the belligerency and scorn towards other groups as I see amongst you and your 'likers' because ultimately most of the members there belong to more than one modal group. Perhaps you need to get out more and try other things. It does wonders for balancing a world view :thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I do think it is clever how you managed to line all the words up. You must have taken ages to do that. That is what I call dedication to your cause :becool:

I belong to a few forums (including a couple of motorcycling and car ones), but just don't see the belligerency and scorn towards other groups as I see amongst you and your 'likers' because ultimately most of the members there belong to more than one modal group. Perhaps you need to get out more and try other things. It does wonders for balancing a world view :thumbsup:

They must be pretty f**king boring, then, given that you prefer to spend about eight hours a day trolling a cycling forum despite actually liking the other two activities. But then that's the thing, isn't it? Cyclists seem to fascinate and repel you in equal measure. I can understand the fascination thing - we are a pretty exciting bunch. Got a bike yet, Linfy?

U

User482

2012133 said:
I do like to do subtle

You could do subtitle and linf still wouldn't get it.

Linford

They must be pretty f**king boring, then, given that you prefer to spend about eight hours a day trolling a cycling forum despite actually liking the other two activities. But then that's the thing, isn't it? Cyclists seem to fascinate and repel you in equal measure. I can understand the fascination thing - we are a pretty exciting bunch. Got a bike yet, Linfy?

You do want to set yourself up on very high pedestal Claudine. This thread is actually about something you would be keen to detach yourself from if you were saddled with the burden which is imposed, so who is trolling who ?

The only solace motorists can garner from the glee which some derive from the increases in vehicle running costs, is that people who don't run a car and rely on trains are now getting properly shafted by the operators.
The down side is that we are all getting shafted, and that is down to poor management from above - shame you don't seem to see that :rolleyes:

You'd really have a good reason to accuse me of trolling if I started a thread specifically to gloat at the misfortune of non car owning train users...but I wouldn't cos it's not nice.....Rise above it Claudine. I know you have it in you :thumbsup:

You know I've got a bike...not a very nice one though for the time being, but you know that anyway don't you :rolleyes:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You do want to set yourself up on very high pedestal Claudine. This thread is actually about something you would be keen to detach yourself from if you were saddled with the burden which is imposed, so who is trolling who ?

The only solace motorists can garner from the glee which some derive from the increases in vehicle running costs, is that people who don't run a car and rely on trains are now getting properly shafted by the operators.
The down side is that we are all getting shafted, and that is down to poor management from above - shame you don't seem to see that :rolleyes:

You'd really have a good reason to accuse me of trolling if I started a thread specifically to gloat at the misfortune of non car owning train users...but I wouldn't cos it's not nice.....Rise above it Claudine. I know you have it in you :thumbsup:

You know I've got a bike...not a very nice one though for the time being, but you know that anyway don't you :rolleyes:

So, are you a cyclist then? It's a simple question.

Solace? I'm afraid you'll have to excuse the snorting. Just ditch the wankpanzer and stop whinging.

Linford

So, are you a cyclist then? It's a simple question.

Solace? I'm afraid you'll have to excuse the snorting. Just ditch the wankpanzer and stop whinging.

When on the bike, I have as much claim on that title as anyone else. Unless you are on yours now, you technically aren't a cyclist are you :thumbsup:

If you want to get anal about it (as you do), then I'm actually more of a cyclist that you by this definition as I partake in riding both a bicycle and motorcycle ^_^

cyclist [ˈsaɪklɪst] US, cycler
n
a person who rides or travels by bicycle, motorcycle, etc.

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

theclaud

Openly Marxist
When on the bike, I have as much claim on that title as anyone else. Unless you are on yours now, you technically aren't a cyclist are you :thumbsup:

If you want to get anal about it (as you do), then I'm actually more of a cyclist that you by this definition as I partake in riding both a bicycle and motorcycle ^_^

Like I said, it isn't a title, and no you don't. You could be a cyclist if you wanted - no one is stopping you. But it's about as likely as you deciding to become a feminist. I am a cyclist, and you are an anti-cyclist. Are you saying you're a motorcyclist, but not a cyclist? I'm just making sure people know where you're coming from, in case they wonder why you are here, talking bollocks again.

Top Bottom