700c tubes with removable cores

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1LegRikk

Trying to find some replacement 700c tubes (35 tyres) with removable valve cores as I'd like to put some stans sealant in there.
Anyone know of any?

gbb

Legendary Member
I need to check, but the cores come out on one of mine....i thinks its a Vittoria.
Its a bloomin nuisance sometimes...i go to undo the valve to put some air in...and the whole core comes out ;):rofl:

OP
OP

1LegRikk

If you could that would be fab, i tried getting it in with the big syringe they give you, works fine without the cores in but in normal tubes...well I had a stans moment with everything getting a good coating of sealant 8)

gbb

Legendary Member
This is mine 1legg...although this is 700x25..
Vittoria it is...hope it helps
vitt.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
I knew i'd pay a price for this 1legg ;)

Put my tube back in, inflated...checked 5 mins later...flat :sad:
Bugger, musta pinched it. Tube back off and i found two holes. Repaired them, and as i was putting it back in...:ohmy: a bloody great long thorn was in my tyre.
Now thats odd...cos my ride yesterday took me past a farmer cutting hawthorn hedges. I rode past gingerly, and made my way home (about another 10 miles)
Rode to work this morning, no problem. When took the tube out at dinner, there was no problem.
So that thorns been there since yesterday, striaght in the tube, but it hasnt gone down :sad:

Now i know its time for a new tube...there must be 6 or 8 patches on it :biggrin:

Wel...its all good practice :biggrin:

OP
OP

1LegRikk

Great stuff thanks for that...will look round for a pair :welcome:

Red...well I'll let ya know although i have 35c marathon supremes on so only running at 75psi, it should seal up small holes thorns/pins/nails fine although anything bigger at that pressure would need something thicker like slime I'd think.

LLB

1LegRikk said:
Great stuff thanks for that...will look round for a pair :welcome:

Red...well I'll let ya know although i have 35c marathon supremes on so only running at 75psi, it should seal up small holes thorns/pins/nails fine although anything bigger at that pressure would need something thicker like slime I'd think.

I picked up a litre bottle of green slime from countrywide for my motorbike a couple of years ago to mend a puncture from a nail in a virtually new tyre. It was much cheaper than the other stuff and I have tested it up to an indicated 150mph (on the track) without any problems with a tyre pressure of about 35psi, and was in the tyre for about 8 months. It is designated for tractors, 4x4, regular cars, cycles etc etc also which is probably why you get so much for so little (about £8 a litre IIRC).

Top Bottom