700x23 Robust Tyre suggestions please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Michelin Krylion Carbon.

Fast rolling, with good all weather grip and decent puncture protection.
I second that choice, but that reminds me - I got a slow puncture in my rear Krylion on yesterday's ride and I haven't fixed it yet! (I only get a small number of punctures a year and some years I don't get any.)

potsy

Rambler
I second that choice, but that reminds me - I got a slow puncture in my rear Krylion on yesterday's ride and I haven't fixed it yet! (I only get a small number of punctures a year and some years I don't get any.)

Some years you don't get any? Is that because the bike never sees the outside world :whistle:

Willo

Specialized armadillos for me, only 1 puncture in over a year (blow out from a really large, sharp nail) and they've served me well despite never checking them to remove stones etc. Have seen me through commuting, weekend rides and a couple of french campsite holidays where my road bike has been abused across gravel paths etc.

ColinJ

Some years you don't get any? Is that because the bike never sees the outside world :whistle:
Cast the bait and some poor fish will always bite ... :thumbsup:

I confess that after I posted, I tried working out what my puncture rate is and I reckon it is about 1 per 1,000 miles, and yes, I only did 900 miles last year so it isn't surprising that I didn't have many.

I did a 5,000 mile year a while back and I couldn't remember puncturing at all that year.

Jamie C

Regular
I have gatorskin on one of my bikes and no punctures in nearly 1000 miles.

Me too - would recommend, esp the 23mm ones

D

Deleted member 1258

Cast the bait and some poor fish will always bite ... :thumbsup:

I confess that after I posted, I tried working out what my puncture rate is and I reckon it is about 1 per 1,000 miles, and yes, I only did 900 miles last year so it isn't surprising that I didn't have many.

I did a 5,000 mile year a while back and I couldn't remember puncturing at all that year.

I'm close to 5000 miles for this year, and apart from a problem with an old tyre with a faulty sidewall in January and a rim that hadn't been cleaned up properly during manufacture a couple of months later I'm deflation event free this year, last puncture a year ago August.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Me too - would recommend, esp the 23mm ones

2500 miles on mine without a puncture plus they seem fast and light.
I don't recommend them however; they are very skittish in the wet, so much so that I've ordered some Pave SGs to replace them. I'm still waiting for delivery............................
From everything that I've heard and read, the the only negative with the Pave is the high price.

ColinJ

And the other advice I can give you is to fix punctures when you get them, not put them off until 'later' - I just went to go for a ride and of course, I haven't fixed the last one! I don't have time to fix it now and do the ride I had planned before sunset. Drat! I'm going for a hilly stroll instead ...

Acyclo

Veteran
Armadillos. I've done tens of thousands of puncture free miles. The latest ones have VERY high mileages.

Lard Armstrong

Veteran
The Conti 4000 4 season are great, 1 puncture in 3000 miles. When riding in a group once, we turned a corner onto broken glass, I was the only rider not to puncture.

As well as being durable, they are also easy to fit, and lightweight too.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom