705 SE STEP-THROUGH

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd sooner have the assist on the front wheel.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Why the preference for fwd @raleighnut ?

With the extra weight of an Ebike I'd like discs.

The Bosch motor systems are meant to be good.
Two wheels driving is better IMO, you also have the option of hub gears with a front motor.

BTW I should say that both my Trike and Maz's Dawes have front kits fitted (by me)

EDIT Neither bike mentioned by the OP has a Bosch 'Mid Drive' motor which may well be better.

Salar

A fish out of water
Wisper bikes have a very good reputation and good back up. Jump over to the pedelecs forum and check out the reviews.

The 705 and the 905 torque version both get good reviews, I'd go for the 705.

rivers

How far can I go?
Just digging around the next one up on Raleigh is https://www.raleigh.co.uk/motus-low-step-23039 which is a crank motor, but that then drives the rear wheel as well

My wife has been riding a Raleigh Captus, which is sadly discontinued now. Same frame as the Motus and spec wise is inbetween the motus and the motus tour. She loves it and uses it to commute most days, as well as go out for longer rides with me on some weekends.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Standard cheapo Chinese ebike.

What tends to happen is someone in the UK or Europe orders a container load from the factory who slap a few stickers on the frame to give it a unique brand.

If you root around the 'net you may find all but identical bikes with a different name on the down tube.

Looks a bit dear to me, some Chinese ebikes are still available from about £600.

Pile of cack, in my view, although you might get some use out of it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Wisper you are looking at is Chinese, but decent quality.

Wisper is also a proper company in that there are staff and the boss in the UK.

David Miall, who owns Wisper, is usually on the end of a phone and customer service is reckoned to be good.

As opposed to non-existent for the bike-in-a-box here today gone tomorrow internet sellers.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Although I do like the idea of step through with crank motor but I'm not sure that the extra expenditure wlll be worth it until we find out if she's actually going to use it, lot of money to be sat in the garage

Smudge

Veteran
I have the same motor and battery on my Pioneer E, as is on that Spirit. I've been very happy with this system and also cant fault the bike. Both system and bike have had no issues whatsoever this last year.
If you can wait a couple of months, you may get a better deal on the black friday weekend. I bought my Pioneer E from the Raleigh site, it was reduced from £1,250 down to £650 on the black friday weekened.

Front or rear hub motors both have their advantages & disadvantages. Rear hub motor looks better and gives better traction, although i've never had traction issues with either of my FHM bikes. Front hub gives you two wheel drive and is easier for wheel removal for punctures. I also think front hub gives a slightly better weight distribution overall.

Top Bottom