73 Year Old Pushed Off Bike by Car Passenger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Egg thrown at me. When they drove past again gloating and shouting, I was already onto a 999 operator and able to read out the reg... :thumbsup:

Goto10

I've had a [quite full] can of Fosters lager thrown at me by a teenager in a small group of lads, clearly couldn't hold his drink - the can missed (just) but I saw red and skidded to halt and went straight back towards him whilst shouting at him angrily (I was in a foul mood at that moment anyway) - seeing the kid run away like a little girl in front of his mates was punishment enough IMO!
Also had a moped try to get me off which I had on camera, but the police weren't interested in saying anything to him (posted before on here)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOS3kC_wfo

dodgy

+1

Cycling is relatively safe, despite these stories. You don't have to be a cyclist to be at the receiving end of anti-social behaviour.

Hmm, I've had my fair share of random stuff thrown at me, being slapped etc, just last week got a full carton of McDonald's cola thrown over me.

This has only ever happened to me while riding, most of the time in quite leafy and affluent areas.

It's never happened to me when I've been in pedestrian mode - ever.

In summary, if you ride, I reckon you're more likely to attract morons than if you walk, drive, fly.

Adasta

Someone lobbed a hamburger at me from a speeding white van while shouting "HAMBURGER!"

Fortunately it didn't hit me (the van was going at about 40mph - it would've done damage). The odd thing was that I wasn't even riding my bike! I was walking beside it because I was carrying other things at the same time.

Jezston

Über Member
Yep, I've had far more thrown at me and shouted as a pedestrian than as a cyclist. Once had a whole cup of tea thrown at me from a white van. Fortunately missed me by miles.

John90

Über Member
Was hit by a bottle thrown by an overtaking WVM while doing a solo London to Brighton last year. No damage done fortunately. I've also had various stones and snowballs thrown at me by South London youth over the last year. I guess some people feel the need to live up their stereotypes.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Whilst walking home from work a couple of years back I stood at a crossing and waited for traffic to clear. Two young lads in a burnt out hatchback shot around the corner at speed and the passenger tried to punch me in the balls.

I was stood HERE at the crossing point shown. Luckily the driver was too stupid to drive slow enough and his boyfriend missed. They went around the bend on two wheels.

mog35

Luckily I've never had anything thrown at me while riding - just some inane bellowing occasionally - although a couple of times while walking I've had stuff chucked at me. It missed by miles, obviously.

People who do this kind of thing would be the first to get up in arms about how out of order it is if it ever happened to them, but of course it's perfectly fine for them to do it to other people. self-gratification artists

Top Bottom