73 Year Old Pushed Off Bike by Car Passenger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Are there any of us cyclists who use this forum who haven't been assualted yet?That is what i would like to know.
I've only been cycling in Gosport 4 years and come under attack quite a few times.

It is disgraceful harming a pensioner like that, no doubt it cheered some youngsters up.
I bought a bike mirror a while back to give me a slight advantage so i can spot what is behind me, or if cars are coming too close.

I don't actually like going out on my bike preparing for something to happen.I have a flip video cam so could record footage every time i go out, i tend not to take it out with me.

Not me... I nearly was.. but I got in first.. he wasn't expecting that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a packet of 'whotsits' chucked at me last year - didn't even get to eat one, barstewards.......... (better than the gun crime round there though) :wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
apple thrown from heaven knows where

some sort of drinks container from a passing car along with cacking laughter (cut my face)

punched (a driver I had just previously given the finger for pulling out on me to be fair)

one car driven at me, using the pavement to pass traffic

threats and abuse without end

over twenty years of London commuting mind

davefb

Guru
attempted murder? surely that is? what sort of 'head the ball' does such a thing ? ?

wonder if my step-dad knows him??, before his misdaignosed heart problems ( due to being really fit, it was 'under' diagnosed :sad: ), i'm sure he was member of horwich club ( and he's the same vintage)..

bastards...

just reading the other stories,, i "love" 'allegedly pushed' err no, she would have been pushed, the allegation is which chav did it,, surely?

d87heaven

Bike, car or on foot, some people just seem to be ar#es. Thing is in a car they feel brave as they can (normally) escape. Its a sad world.

Jezston

Über Member
Never been assaulted or had anything other than abuse or hypocrisy thrown at me, which has only happened a handful of times.

Stop scaring everyone off! :smile:

asterix

Comrade Member
Are there any of us cyclists who use this forum who haven't been assualted yet?

My incident was a first in a few decades and they didn't carry it out.

I've never had anything thrown or other threats

Once a van driver tried to get me to run into the back but I was not taken in. I got the number of the Cardiff company and phoned the boss. He was sincerely apologetic and promised to have a word with the driver. I guess he didn't have too many of his vans in York not to be able to finger the culprit.

What does concern me is the way the media whores and people like Clarkson, literally an oxygen thief to all appearances, latch onto cycling as a way of getting a bit of cheap publicity for the wrong reasons. Then you get dimwits who take Crap Gear seriously..

I'd suggest that some responsibility for attacks on cyclists lies with the likes of Clarkson.

MLC

Then you get dimwits who take Crap Gear seriously..

To see that phrase actually written down by somebody else makes me laugh. The worse thing is it is true!

The sad side of all this is that some actually do take a balding, curly haired man with a large belly, dreadful dress sense and a funny accent, a rather slow, laborious bumbling man who looks he needs a good scrub and a silly little man who wears childrens clothing seriously and look up to em as role models and the programme as absolute truth.

God help us all what next evertyhing we read in the papers is non biased truth !

Top gear is semi entertaining in a fake and contrived sort of rubbish programme but good if nothing else is on kind of way

I say Good luck to the presenters, to be hip, popular and cool after having to put up with all those years in the playground having things thrown at them and their heads flushed down the loo must be quite refreshing.

I actually don't mind top gear but do treat for what it is meant to be pure entertainment

Mawsley

I've had lit fags flicked at me, assorted cans/sandwiches/McWrappers lobbed at me and had two cars and a bus smack into me. I hated cycling in Birmingham.

Ten years ago, as a fit 70yr old, my Dad had a white van with three laughing cretins drive straight for him near Melton Mowbray. The wing mirror hit him on the arm and hand he'd raised to protect his head and deposited him into a hedge while they drove off. The police couldn't be bothered.

I'm not very tolerant of cars, buses and van drivers these days.

Top Bottom