748 WBH Mercedes - Resolves me to add a rear-view cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Had to add a little more:

I quote the famous Magnatom, who has already has one of his videos quoted in this thread:

"Hindsight - It turns average cyclists into perfect cyclists."

I would like to see helmetcam footage of how you handle the road Gert. That could be interesting.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Just read this thread. I find the idea that at peak flow times that a cyclist could keep left (to turn right) on Bramall Lane and hope for the best misguided. It might work as a strategy, at other times it would fail miserably having seen many cyclists trying to cross or turn right into/out of Bramall Lane as streams of traffic hurl by. It's funny that you see so many cyclists using the crossing up the road.

As for the driver I understand why drivers want to surge with speed along that particular road, it has lead quite a few to believe there perhaps should be speed cushions. There are too many cars turning into/out of roads to behave like that.

As for the roundabout, one of the approaches of cycle track with the 'dismount sign' is actually relatively new and was added after the inner ring road work. Unfortunately there is 170ft between that and the middle of the underneath of the roundabout where the cycle path starts. The council will not complete it, it has been asked to do so. Nor will any of the other approaches be made into cycle path :sad:. It's a real shame.

Top Bottom