7yr old son wants a road bike :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Not as versatile as the Islabike though..

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

Oh no, just measured little one and he has an inseam of 21" - fine for standover on a 24"MTB but not enough for the little Mini Moda!

Only 20" road bike I can find is a Dawes with the handlebar mounted shifters but I'd really like to keep his hands near the brakes as this is first road bike and first geared bike! - Anyone know of any diddy ones (that aren't Viking!)

sidevalve

Über Member
You could always adapt a bike. Find one of the right size and fit the shifters to suit yourself [or more importantly him]. It doesn't have to be expensive components - shifters cables [if they can't be altered] handlebar tape etc can all be found on E Bay at low prices [and I mean a few pounds]. Plus he will enjoy helping you build it.

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

You could always adapt a bike. Find one of the right size and fit the shifters to suit yourself [or more importantly him]. It doesn't have to be expensive components - shifters cables [if they can't be altered] handlebar tape etc can all be found on E Bay at low prices [and I mean a few pounds]. Plus he will enjoy helping you build it.

That's a brilliant idea, I know he'd love that as well - i'm not very technical though, may have to talk Grandad in to taking on a project!

Top Bottom