8 Speed Sora Flightdeck circa 2005 - Spring broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mkmark666

Hi there

Hoping someone to help. My RH shifter stopped working today and I've discovered that the spring arrowed in the picture below has snapped (This pic off the internet - not of the actual shifter in question)

Does anyone happen to know what the technical term is for this spring so I can search for a replacement? Also, any good places to source Shimano parts for such items?

Or do you consider it too much of a faff and I should buy complete unit on Ebay?

sora shifter.jpg

Thanks in advance!

pawl

Legendary Member
Hi there

Hoping someone to help. My RH shifter stopped working today and I've discovered that the spring arrowed in the picture below has snapped (This pic off the internet - not of the actual shifter in question)

Does anyone happen to know what the technical term is for this spring so I can search for a replacement? Also, any good places to source Shimano parts for such items?

Or do you consider it too much of a faff and I should buy complete unit on Ebay?

View attachment 382275

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem with my right hand shifter.Found one on E bay.

Couldn’t be bothered messing about with springs,mind you I am a lazy s……

If memory is correct it was£26.

Good luck

U

User6179

Hi there

View attachment 382275

Thanks in advance!

Return Spring maybe

You need to know the type of shifter, ST-3500 or whatever then go on Shimano tech docs and get the code for the part and google it, maybe to old to get parts but newer shifters may use the same parts if the design is similar.

This is a spring from newer version but might be the same one.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-sp...00-return-spring-spacer-right-hand-y6vx98060/

OP
OP
M

mkmark666

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try pulling a loop off the spring and re-bending (Genius idea if it works by the way!). Otherwise, I'll head off to ebay I think

Thanks again

C.J

Über Member
Hi there

View attachment 382275

Thanks in advance!

It appears to be called a return spring.

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-ST0001-05-ENG.pdf

page 20 .

Top Bottom