82 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Got a long one on Sunday, first time more than 2hrs on the bike, and its gonna be cold at the Wiggle Hellfire Corner Sportive.

Any tips on gear for a fair weather cyclist?

Cheers, TP

Mattonsea

Über Member
LAYERS me thinks also decent gloves, and overshoes, Be prepared to shed a few clothes as you get hot . Well done
for entering and good luck!!

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Cycling cap, keeps your head warm as temperature drops, rain out of your eyes if it starts lashing it down and small enough to stuff in your pocket if you don't need to wear it.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The start is not too far from me and i know some of the route. At the mo the weather looks chilly but dry and i hope it stays that way for you. I take it you have long tights too. Overshoes will fit nicely in your jersey pocket in case you need them and i would also say a buff is a definite. It will keep your neck warm and can be pulled up over your head, under your helmet if the weather turns bad.

Good luck that's a big jump your making, enjoy the ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you've not spent more than 2 hours in the saddle and are now doing 82 miles, I think you may find the cold isn't your only issue. You do have good padded shorts I hope and some chammy cream

Good luck :smile:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Buff and butt cream.

I can't wait to walk into a shop and order that. Should be even funnier than when I shopped for a water-based lubricant (for my wetsuit).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Another vote for a Buff. Cycling plus magazine sometimes give them out as freebies. Only time I buy it.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Jeez, that was hard work.

Didn't get the buff, cream or overshoes - Wiggle said they'd have a store at the start but didnt.

Had bib tights, long sleeve jersey, goretex top, two pairs of gloves a scarf and borrowed a cycling cap.

I've got to say the overshoes were missed most of all. Life came back into my toes when I got home. And sun glasses: got a red eye now, no lenses for me today.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Jeez, that was hard work.

Didn't get the buff, cream or overshoes - Wiggle said they'd have a store at the start but didnt.

Had bib tights, long sleeve jersey, goretex top, two pairs of gloves a scarf and borrowed a cycling cap.

I've got to say the overshoes were missed most of all. Life came back into my toes when I got home. And sun glasses: got a red eye now, no lenses for me today.

Well done for doing it though :thumbsup:

Top Bottom