85% home distilled Polish Spirit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machew

Veteran
Yes he's supposed to have a license! Though he doesn't have one.:secret:
However to get a licence, your still needs to have a capacity of at least 18 hectolitres

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's some quite fascinating stuff on Youtube about DIY distilling. Some of the stills look like a cross between a saxophone and a work of art. Well worth a look.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's some quite fascinating stuff on Youtube about DIY distilling. Some of the stills look like a cross between a saxophone and a work of art. Well worth a look.

I expected to see one of those wooden thingies you saw in stuff like The Beverly Hillbillies but it's stainless steel and doesn't bubble and shake.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
An Aussie chap I worked with in the Jordan Valley in the '70s used to join the locals with their distilled orange brew...
He was starting to lose his eyesight after several months of knocking it back!!

....here's one that I made a while back
upload_2016-3-30_7-42-48.png

...it's called Yadong, and is regarded as a cheap way to get rat-arsed. A bag of spiced herbs are but in the jar, then pour in some local Lao Khao (rice whiskey). Leave for a week or so to ferment then taste at your peril - wouldn't call it a 'session' drink. This one's been brewing now for several years, not sure if I dare try it any more - just for show really......

Top Bottom