85 miles data lost today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
How long have you had the 200 and how many rides have you recorded? If you are reaching the maximum storage capacity, connect it to your PC and browse the folders. Try deleting some of your older rides.

Ian193

Über Member
Plug it into the computer and try and find the data my 510 did this to me after my longest ride to date a couple of years ago

OP
OP
wxbull

wxbull

my mate cleared it for me 6 months ago, think I'll get him to do it again, I'm useless with computers, cheers sharky (and Ian)

I'm going to have to start using the phone again by the looks of it. The reason I bought a garmin was to save the phone battery though! I have never heard of this mio cyclo, biking dad, I might give that a look also

I picked mine up from EBay for about £80. It comes with touch screen, Heart rate, proper maps and navigation like a sat nav and my favourite feature "surprise me". A random route based on length or time of your choice.

The 305 is also compatible with ant sensors. The only let down is the route planning cloud based program is a bit pants but you can import gpx and tcs files.

It happens. I'm never that bothered if the ride gets lost. I do get the massive hump if I'm using something like a Garmin, for navigation, and it crashes when I don't know where I am, and I haven't got a paper map with me though.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
For the third time in a year I've lost a ride, why is it always the big ones? Bit different to the other times today though. It froze when I tried to end the ride, but turned off in the end. It comes up on history as 85 miles but when I click on it it comes up with a silly 22000 mile ride done in 1992! nothing uploaded to strav, gutted, love seeing my rides when I get back.

anyone else have this problem?
Have you ridden the route before. If so download that GPS occurrence from strava, copy and paste the text so that you can edit using find /replace (in word) and resave.

Upload the new file manually.

Hint, don't change the file name when you resave, for some reason this stops strava recognising it as a gps file

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
My etrex 20 has had funny numbers on it in the past. Apparently I once did 300mph. So fast it wiped my memory and can't remember it!
My Aldi wired bike computer keeps my rides honest at least. 9mph average over 28 miles yesterday.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I sometimes record my rides. Other times it's fun to plot the route on an online map (or even an off-line one) to find out where I managed to lose myself.
I do sometimes ride AUK events with gps validation.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
I had this occasionally and had a suspicion it was due to the sheer number of files saved. Now I regularly zip the previous ones so they are not in the way but still there if I need them. Haven't had a problem since (edge 810)

Cupotea

Have you plugged it into a PC? The other week my Edge 810 decided to switch itself off as I rolled into the drive at the end of a long ride. After much cursing at not being able to find it in the menus on the device, I found it lurking as a .fit file in the activities folder. It isn't unknown for them to corrupt but there are a few sites you can upload them to fix them.

I think Garmin's time as the only real option is coming to an end with Wahoo really upping their game. When the 810 comes to retirement I will be looking elsewhere. It seems Garmin have used the historic lack of competition to ignore a lot of complaints. If their car units had as many as their bike ones I reckon they would have pulled their finger out a bit more.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
When I had a wired computer, it stopped recording for a couple of commutes. After I fixed it, I rode with TWO wheel magnets on for the next couple of commutes to catch up!

I've been trying for ages to get my average and maximum speeds up, thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom