85 miles data lost today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wxbull

For the third time in a year I've lost a ride, why is it always the big ones? Bit different to the other times today though. It froze when I tried to end the ride, but turned off in the end. It comes up on history as 85 miles but when I click on it it comes up with a silly 22000 mile ride done in 1992! nothing uploaded to strav, gutted, love seeing my rides when I get back.

anyone else have this problem?

vickster

Legendary Member
What device do you use?

Slick

Guru
Once or twice, and as you say it's always a big one with loads of effort. I have decided it's best to focus on effort and enjoyment rather than numbers as it softens the blow when numbers are just not available.

OP
OP
wxbull

wxbull

I'm going to have to start using the phone again by the looks of it. The reason I bought a garmin was to save the phone battery though! I have never heard of this mio cyclo, biking dad, I might give that a look also

vickster

Legendary Member
Just get a back up battery for the phone. If you don't use it other than for strava, the battery should last a day surely?

The only time my edge 200 didn't record a ride (well it may have) was when I lost it on a tt.Touch wood I've not had many problems, once or twice its looked liked it had lost the ride but it had recorded, just I started the computer before satellite log and its miss dated or timed it. Try looking in the history folder to see if that has happened if so and you want to correct it use the fit filerepairtools

OP
OP
wxbull

wxbull

haha! might get a roasting but I listen to music, and today was at a football match at the halfway point of the ride, also keeping up with football scores. I make my rides a long day out, not just cycling.

Top Bottom