85 miles data lost today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
I did 114 miles yesterday. Have had my Garmin Edge Touring crash before on a longer ride,didn't want to risk it happening so I also logged ride on strava app on android phone. Put the phone into Aeroplane mode and it barely touched the battery as a result. Both worked fine btw, but just wanted that as back up.

postman

Legendary Member
I have got a Microsoft lumia 640xl phone.I put Cyclers on it.Free app but me being a numpty i used to press the wrong icon and lose the info.So i did a short ride.My daughter was home from Uni ,she sorted the problem out.so next time i will not lose the info.
Cyclers is an easy app to use,he says.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
These days I carry my old Garmin GPSMap 60CSx with me to do the recording. It's bombproof and the batteries last for ever, but the display is a bit pants. So it goes in my bag and does its thing while the one on my handlebars shows me maps and stuff.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had my Garmin with corrupt files a few times last year, normally on the longer rides. It would show the correct mileage, but then either only upload 1st part of ride or nothing at all :angry: A few months ago I bought a Leyzne Super GPS & it has been faultless so far with far better battery life & there was one in the classifieds a while back(https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/lezyne-super-gps-year-9.215941/) Not used it for navigating yet, but still have the mount for the Garmin, which maybe better for navigation, but I only need that a handful of times a year

Top Bottom