90 mile bike trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

Pallav Regmi

Get out there and do it young man and stop wasting your life on the internet.:thumbsup:
My only proviso would be, tell someone where you are going before venturing in to the hills, in the event of a mishap, this can save the search parties a lot of time.:smile:
Thanks!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Can you cope if you have a thunderstorm / puncture while your 45 mile away from home? If yes, your ready. If no, your not.

Take spare innertube, pump, plenty of water, some food, wear the right clothing for a long journey that may turn out wet, or carry waterproofs.

If its wet on the road, be careful with your speed / going round fast corners.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
What would you say if the conditions are a little rainy?
I'd say you'll get wet.:whistle:

Being more serious, the knobbly tyres will be okay, but you'll need to take a bit of care cornering as @Nomadski says.

If changing tyres is an option, you'd be better with something more road oriented. Knobbly tyres are designed to work best on soft or loose ground where the blocks are able to dig in to the surface. Obviously they can't do this on tarmac so something like a touring or city tyre which puts more rubber on the ground would be grippier and would also roll faster and easier.

Unlike a car tyre, aquaplaning is not an issue unless you can pedal at approx 220mph.^_^

Waterproofs are a difficult one as many don't breath well enough for cycling use, giving the option of being wet from the rain or wet from sweat.:dry: I like an old fashioned cycling cape for keeping dry, but these are deeply unfashionable at the moment and are no good unless used with mudguards (which I guess you won't have?).

Top Bottom