90 mile bike trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pallav Regmi

Hello guys, I was planning to do a 90 mile bike trip today and I was wondering if I would be able to do it. I am not a pro bicylist at all but I just want to be safe if I'm going to be doing this. I will first be doing 45 miles and then after a 5 hour rest coming back for another 45. I am in great shape and I have a mountain bike ( Should be a road bike but I really never thought I would go biking these distances ) I always had a passions for biking, I'm 15 and when I was 7 I rode 50 miles on a BMX without complaints and I can't remember of being sore. The trail I'm going through will have a couple hills but there hasn't been a hill in my life that I wasn't able to tackle. If you could get back to me ASAP, like right now soon that would be amazing.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Young muscles recover quickly so you should be fine. Just make sure you've more water and food than you think you'll need.

snorri

Legendary Member
Get out there and do it young man and stop wasting your life on the internet.:thumbsup:
My only proviso would be, tell someone where you are going before venturing in to the hills, in the event of a mishap, this can save the search parties a lot of time.:smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'd say pace yourself. Go at it a bit slower than you usually might and you'll have the energy for later in the ride when you really need it.

Oh, and +1 for plenty of water and food. Chocolate cake is good for a fast energy boost on long rides :hungry: .

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'd say pace yourself. Go at it a bit slower than you usually might and you'll have the energy for later in the ride when you really need it.

Oh, and +1 for plenty of water and food. Chocolate cake is good for a fast energy boost on long rides :hungry: .

Good advice. Take any hills in the first half especially gently. Then you'll minimise any muscle soreness/stiffness that might otherwise develop in your mid way rest..

OP
OP
P

Pallav Regmi

I forgot to add, the conditions are a little rainy, but I figure since i have a mountain bike the grip on the road won't be a problem. What are your thoughts on that?

OP
OP
P

Pallav Regmi

What would you say if the conditions are a little rainy?

OP
OP
P

Pallav Regmi

Hello guys, I was planning to do a 90 mile bike trip today and I was wondering if I would be able to do it. I am not a pro bicylist at all but I just want to be safe if I'm going to be doing this. I will first be doing 45 miles and then after a 5 hour rest coming back for another 45. I am in great shape and I have a mountain bike ( Should be a road bike but I really never thought I would go biking these distances ) I always had a passions for biking, I'm 15 and when I was 7 I rode 50 miles on a BMX without complaints and I can't remember of being sore. The trail I'm going through will have a couple hills but there hasn't been a hill in my life that I wasn't able to tackle. If you could get back to me ASAP, like right now soon that would be amazing. Also the conditions are a little rainy, would that be a problem?

Top Bottom