90's Diamond Back Ascent Refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
My retro fusion 120 lovely bike.
"Borrowed" from my dad.

16715466984393125906037225249354.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
They are built like tanks the old 90's MTB's. My frame isn't too heavy TBH, plus you used to get all the braise on attachments for panniers front and rear - they still make a very good expedition type bike.

I agree mine is tange double butted.

I think they are rather similar to rocky mountains.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finished the Mercury Grey and the lacquer. Not the most exciting colour, but this is a commuter/do it all bike. Paint isn't half as fancy as the Ribble I did, but wil be one million times easier to clean - the pearlescent whie even shows up dirty finger prints - ceatainly a road bike colour.

Time to let it set for a few days until the replacement decals arrive. I've more than enough brake and gear outer, but just need the inners - trip to Decathlon coming up - do not walk out with another bike !

Posting pitures in their own reply as something's going on with the site and my latest version of andriod - it keeps adding rows as you type !

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

20221221_105146.jpg

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Costs so far:-

£10 Decals
£20 two tins of 'colour' - excludes the primer and lacquer as I had this in, but that would add in another £20.
£5 for additional wet and dry sandpaper.
£15 for cables (estimate).

Only other additional cost is a tap set as the drive side pannier thread stripped some time ago (weight and vibration making the bolt come loose on an off road commute), so I'm going to tap it out a size bigger both sides, £15 and some thread lock £5

Top Bottom