!963 Woodrup Frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I have been buying a few things for the bike so seeing as it was nice and sunny yesterday I thought I would some bits on to see what it looked like.
I know that the short stainless steel mudguards aren't the same and are totally useless, but they do look pretty.
IMGP3276 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMGP3260.JPG
    IMGP3260.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 52

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have been buying a few things for the bike so seeing as it was nice and sunny yesterday I thought I would some bits on to see what it looked like.
I know that the short stainless steel mudguards aren't the same and are totally useless, but they do look pretty. View attachment 348942
At least they keep the crud away from the brakes a bit, as well as looking nice. :becool:

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
The project has been put on hold for a while. What had started off as a cheap frame has been piling on the pounds, sourcing some parts which aren't easily interchangeable with my other bikes has helped push up the costs. It is close to be given it's first test ride once I've sorted out a few things, wheels can come from another bike, brake cable end stop nipples that fit into the end of the Weinmann levers will have to be found as they don't come with new cables. I made one from a brass hydraulic brake nipple for one of my other bikes , it took a bit of filing but it works well.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I recently ordered some cables from SJS cycles that came with the stops. Let me know if you want the make/model.
Thanks, I was just thinking that I could make up a couple from a piece of brass or aluminium bar. It would be a bit of filing and drilling but I have done it before.
Are SJS online? If so I will take a look.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
In fact, here you go matey...

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/cables/...onid=92c9dc942344b96dfd2b5d612ba276e2040b4e22

Was pleasantly surprised how decent they were for then price.
Crumbs! That is cheap! I've been stung.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
brake cable end stop nipples that fit into the end of the Weinmann levers will have to be found as they don't come with new cables. I made one from a brass hydraulic brake nipple for one of my other bikes , it took a bit of filing but it works well.

my lbs sells the plastic variation for 10p a time or they did last time i bought a load of them

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I think the price difference between what I paid and what you have just shown me is down to them being stainless steel. As I won't be cycling in all winds and weathers there is no need for expensive material. My Holdsworth's cables have lasted and they are at least 45 years old.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
in fact if i remember rightly the cable sets they sell at Asda have all the fittings in as well

SJS are good but there is always £5 postage to pay
Thanks for the info I'll get my brother to get me a pair when he goes shopping!
I will take a lot of photos and measurements of the frame and as much information as I have managed to find out about it and see if Woodrup can identify it. A quick check revealed 21.5 seat tube, 22.5 top tube 70 degree and 73 approx angles.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I thought I would try to put the bike together and give it a test ride using what parts I had in my parts bin and what I could borrow from my other bikes. It may be a bit of a mish mash of parts but it works. I took it for a short ride and it feels very light and smooth so much so that I was quite excited by it.
There are a few issues at the moment, the Campag rear derailleur fouls the bottom 2 cogs on that wheel and I still have to get some brake cable nipple stops.
My brother couldn't see any cycle parts in Asda, Wilkinson's do but their cables don't have them.
IMGP3470 (2).JPG

Top Bottom