!963 Woodrup Frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It seems to be a bit of a mystery. I was given the information that the frame number could be stamped on the forks up inside the steerer tube, so last night I removed the forks to find the centre section had been painted. This morning I set about removing the paint with a scraper and sander, no number so I had a go at the bottom bracket with a similar result apart from the letter F and what might be an arrow.
View attachment 345881
The frame looks like it is well made and weighs just over 4lbs minus the forks
Does N25237(? the last one) help?
Along with what appears to a 10-11 digit number below, but stamped the other way round.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
still have to get some brake cable nipple stops.
My brother couldn't see any cycle parts in Asda, Wilkinson's do but their cables don't have them. View attachment 351853

if you want some of the cable ferrules that go in the lever head let me know and i can get some from my lbs and post them on ?

looking good

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
if you want some of the cable ferrules that go in the lever head let me know and i can get some from my lbs and post them on ?

looking good
Thanks, I'm still rummaging around in my garage at the moment and may be able to find something but I will keep you in mind.
The bike does feel smooth, and although the frame size is smaller than I usually ride it feels fine. I may move the saddle back slightly but I'm not sure. The Brooks B17 narrow feels fine as well without the need for the painful breaking in period. The GB Synchron brakes came off of my old Sun Mist and were working fine without the constant need to centralise the brakes after application that you get with Weinmann side pulls.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks, I'm still rummaging around in my garage at the moment and may be able to find something but I will keep you in mind.
The bike does feel smooth, and although the frame size is smaller than I usually ride it feels fine. I may move the saddle back slightly but I'm not sure. The Brooks B17 narrow feels fine as well without the need for the painful breaking in period. The GB Synchron brakes came off of my old Sun Mist and were working fine without the constant need to centralise the brakes after application that you get with Weinmann side pulls.
The B17n is my favourite Brooks.

classic33

Leg End Member
Isn't that Nervex and a serial number for that? I may be wrong in which case I will remove a bit more paint.
You may not have to remove any paint. On the picture quoted, "down" from the hole on the bottom bracket, there's at least one number(between the rear triangle stays).

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Illaveago just picked these up when I collected a bike from my lbs , shout if you need some.

IMG_20170603_102841472.jpg

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
A bit of an update. I felt like doing a bit of tinkering the other day and thought that I would have a go at modifying some old discarded tap parts to make a brake cable end stop/ ferrule.
With a bit of filing, drilling and sawing I managed to make one, installed it and it worked. So having been successful at that I decided to strip, clean and polish up a brake lever and fit new cables to the bike.
Here is the bike so far with a couple of wheels borrowed for the photo, both GB Synchron brakes fitted with new cables and white outers. I will now have to decide what bar tape to use and what pedals. Decisions, decisions.
IMGP6146.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP6114.JPG
    IMGP6114.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGP6116.JPG
    IMGP6116.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGP6144.JPG
    IMGP6144.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom