A 3-loop forum ride from Hebden Bridge (28/50/54 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Ah I was talking about the last one, but my post still applies anyway :laugh: this is the one where Colin distracted me and made a sprint for the finish to leave me for dead :biggrin: me being a gentleman let him go and didn't give chase :whistle:

Svendo

Guru
Where Svendo spotted this little fella-[attachment=2993:Little fella.JPG]

Looking in my Collins 'Birds of Britain & Europe' it is a grey wagtail, there's a yellow wagtail that's similar except it has a yellow throat as well. The one we saw has quite a yellow tail, although looking at Google Images this seems to vary.

Bokonon

Über Member
Good ride - great route and fantastic weather, though I do now have a touch of sun burn. Good to meet you all.

I've got video of everyone arriving at the top of Cragg Vale. I'll see if I can get it edited into a suitable clip.

Bokonon was kind enough to not only to not pass but to breathe a bit heavily once at the top!

I was starting to feel my lack of fitness at that stage. Once again, I've done bugger all cycling over winter only to suffer for it when the season starts to get going.

No, I have darker hair and glasses :smile:

Some of us like to savour the views on the hills and not rush to the top

I like to get my breath back and then enjoy the view once I've got to the top ;)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I did get to the top of a hillock first to take a photograph! :thumbsup:

cyclechat-peloton-in-sunshine.jpg

Garz

Squat Member
Bokonon was missing from that shot.. was he scaling a local fell to take a picture?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Bokonon was missing from that shot.. was he scaling a local fell to take a picture?
I didn't have enough of a gap to stop, get my bag off, extract my camera, switch it on and take the photo before 4 or 5 of the others (including Bokonon) had ridden past me. That's why I have a camera bag mounted on the stem of my other bike, for quick access.

potsy

Rambler
I didn't have enough of a gap to stop, get my bag off, extract my camera, switch it on and take the photo before 4 or 5 of the others (including Bokonon) had ridden past me. That's why I have a camera bag mounted on the stem of my other bike, for quick access.

That explains why I'm not on it either :whistle:

Here's a shot that gives you an idea where I was most of the ride -
At the back again.JPG

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That explains why I'm not on it either :whistle:

Here's a shot that gives you an idea where I was most of the ride -
[attachment=3070:At the back again.JPG]
Ah, that's the dry stone wall I tell people about (on the left)! In fact, I think You've captured me telling Fiona N and Globalti the story.

That loop is one of my local favourites because it has the gentle 5.5 mile Cragg Vale climb, then a quick descent down the A58, and after that it is quiet undulating lanes back to Mytholmroyd and a quick trip down the Cycleway to get home. Enough climbing to be a bit of a challenge if I try to go quickly, and nice scenery too.

I'm quite impressed by how steady your camera hand is when you are riding along! (Unless your camera has much better anti-shake than mine.)

Top Bottom