A 3-loop forum ride from Hebden Bridge (28/50/54 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I might go for the 3/4 baggy's as well, trouble is with my 29" legs they come down to just above my ankles :blush:
Donnie Darko? I found that one of the most confusing fims ever, maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I'd be in no rush to see it again :wacko:

Camera packed, drink bottle filled, tyres pumped up, bike semi clean.

Just had a bit of excitement tonight, late night police visit which I will tell you about tomorrow.

Calum

Unfortunately I wont be joining tomorrow due to being WAY behind with my dissertation. I hope you all have fun and enjoy the weather, while i'm in a darkened room with fluorescent light crying over a pile of notes. :-(

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Donnie Darko? I found that one of the most confusing fims ever, maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I'd be in no rush to see it again :wacko:
That's what my life is like! ;)

Unfortunately I wont be joining tomorrow due to being WAY behind with my dissertation. I hope you all have fun and enjoy the weather, while i'm in a darkened room with fluorescent light crying over a pile of notes. :-(
Alas poor Calum, I remember well the joys of my final year at university!

Try and catch up this coming week and join us for SITD next weekend.

That's what happens when you point your telescope and periscope in this direction. GCHQ Cheltenham are now aware of your position.
Oh blimey, I've just had a flashback ...

For a while in his late 70s, my dad was still capable of driving his dog to the park, but was no longer capable of walking him, so he'd set the dog loose and sit in the car for 30 minutes or so while the dog scurried about. We bought pa a pair of binoculars so he could watch the dog right to the far end of the park, and generally look around and see what was going on.

The only thing was ... He got into the habit of doing that at home! He'd sit in his chair trying to spot what was going on up and down the street. He'd have his light on and the curtains open at night and he'd be scanning the neighbourhood for action. Unfortunately, there were two young women living opposite who spotted him doing it and thought he was a peeping tom! It took the intervention of another group of neighbours to stop them sending for the DOMS (Dirty Old Man Squad)!

We had warned him about it but he wouldn't have it! "I've got the right to look out of my window if I want to!" Aaargh! :wacko:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I hope you all have a lovely ride tomorrow, with sunshine. I enjoy reading ColinJ's threads about the planning, the route, how many hills, and the opportunities for tea, as well as people's comments afterwards. Hope someone at the back ;) can take lots of good photos.

Take care everyone.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well, I enjoyed Donnie Darko again! I should get to sleep because the hours are ticking by. I have 3 alarms set at 2 minute intervals around 07:45 (I don't trust myself to wake up after a beery late night!) Total humiliation would be my mobile ringing 10 minutes after a ride was due to start and me still being asleep! :blush:

I hope you all have a lovely ride tomorrow, with sunshine. I enjoy reading ColinJ's threads about the planning, the route, how many hills, and the opportunities for tea, as well as people's comments afterwards. Hope someone at the back ;) can take lots of good photos.

Take care everyone.
Thanks Kate, but you know what - this can be your life too! I was surprised to read that you are not really a cyclist. You can join in and we would welcome you.

If you've read Fiona N's recent "Rider's Tale" you'll see one extreme (I am not worthy! :surrender: ) but there are a lot of shorter, easier rides going on. People are going out and doing 15 mile rides and really enjoying them, and squeezing in a couple of cafe stops. You next; no excuses! :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

Take care everyone.

Thanks Speicher thats very nice of you Im sure we will.

OMG look at the time :tired: its true it is light at this time, right Im off to sort my gear out and get my bike into the car.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm awake, sort of, and I'll be on my way. See ya!

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's this appalling weather that makes you want to stay in and not get weathered on, doesn't it? What, you mean it's actually nice on your side of the pennines? It's snowing here. So given your assurances it's nice in that Yorkshire, I'll be there at 10. Don't set off without me. US. I'm bringing someone else so I mean US!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well, I had my 4.5 hours of sleep but I could have done with a couple more, and a couple fewer beers watching TV. Still, the sun is shining and I'll soon burn the extra calories/hangover off!

Sorry you couldn't make it Steve - make sure you have your SITD time booked for a week tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Typically, my weekend away down south got cancelled at the last minute due to small person poorliness, so I probably could have come out to play had I but known. Hey ho - if the weather in York is anything to go by, you should have a lovely day (by most people's standards - it's a bit warm for Crinklies out there!) for it. Another time!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Well - that was a really enjoyable morning. Perfect weather, and marvellous views from the hillltops. Just the best cycling, until...

the gear paddle on my right-hand brifter sheared off, leaving me with only two gears. So I've bailed out after the first loop. I'll leave it to the others to report on the rest of the day!

Top Bottom