A big announcement at work is happening on Monday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Andy in Sig said:
That's right come to think of it. If they had an ounce of "management" skills they would have just turned up and made the announcement today or done it at the earliest opportunity on Friday.
Some years back, my manager took me into his office and told me that I was being made redundant. It was Tuesday, the day after Easter Monday. He let it slip that he'd known about the imminent redundancies the previous Thursday.

"Thanks a lot mate - if you'd told me that last week, I wouldn't have gone out over the bank holiday weekend and splashed out £500 on a new washer-dryer!" :smile:

"Er, I didn't want to spoil your holiday..." :evil:

yenrod

Dayvo said:
Sorry to hear that, Fab, but try not to ponder too much over speculation. It may be somthing completely different.
I lost my job as cuts had to be made so that the boss could justify his £60,000+, plus benefits a year!

Power to the people. :sad:

- Recently, the a 'boss' here competed the employer here and another who wanted him against each other and he gained a 1/3rd of his original and is still around...

THEN: he says to me, not long afterwards; the contracts running £15,000 over budget on wages...

I had to steal myself not to say - yeah your ****ing pay rise yeah bastard !

ChrisKH said:
My wife taught me and I have always followed the policy never to give uncertain or bad news at the end of the working week. So I tend to sack people on a Monday morning. :evil:

:smile:

Top Bottom