A big announcement at work is happening on Monday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
+2

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guys and gals

Thanks for all the support…

Well, the story affects my department, we are loosing 1 body from the team, our really great NZ manager, (the story is a good one as he is returning to the wilds of NZ for a bigger opportunity - lucky Bastard). There will be some re-organisation of reporting in the short-term. He’ll not be replaced, so it does take the ‘numbers’ pressure of our ever shrinking department, though in the bigger scheme of things that’s only a short-term gain.
We’re gonna miss him greatly.

PHEW…

I must be getting old, or just sensitised to the constant changes around me. I had quite a jittery weekend and your kind words have been of great help.

Gonna try and chill a while now.

Cheers FF->.

Fab Foodie said:
Guys and gals

Thanks for all the support…

Well, the story affects my department, we are loosing 1 body from the team, our really great NZ manager, (the story is a good one as he is returning to the wilds of NZ for a bigger opportunity - lucky Bastard). There will be some re-organisation of reporting in the short-term. He’ll not be replaced, so it does take the ‘numbers’ pressure of our ever shrinking department, though in the bigger scheme of things that’s only a short-term gain.
We’re gonna miss him greatly.

PHEW…

I must be getting old, or just sensitised to the constant changes around me. I had quite a jittery weekend and your kind words have been of great help.

Gonna try and chill a while now.

Cheers FF->.

They're bastards for doing that to you over a weekend though.
Have a heart, for christ's sake.
Glad you are ok FF.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Kirstie said:
They're bastards for doing that to you over a weekend though.
Have a heart, for christ's sake.
Glad you are ok FF.

That's right come to think of it. If they had an ounce of "management" skills they would have just turned up and made the announcement today or done it at the earliest opportunity on Friday.

ChrisKH

Guru
My wife taught me and I have always followed the policy never to give uncertain or bad news at the end of the working week. So I tend to sack people on a Monday morning. :sad:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
nice to know you're ok ff.

NickM

Veteran
Andy in Sig said:
...If they had an ounce of "management" skills they would have just turned up and made the announcement today or done it at the earliest opportunity on Friday.
If "management" were accountable to the workforce for their actions they would probably learn proper "management skills" (i.e. courtesy and common decency) pretty quickly.

As it is, "management skills" actually means "being a bastard" skills.

domtyler

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
...apparently...
Just heard as I left the office that the big HR man is coming from HQ and some major announcement is being made. Nice thing to hear at the start of the weekend :sad:

They put the whole company through this just because of one person leaving?

*** ******* ***** ** ***** *******!!! :biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Glad you are still in work though FF.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks
Can't understand why something was mentioned on Friday at the close of play, normally these people aren't so daft, management here is pretty good with a real family feel, hence why I thought/imagined that something bigger was afoot. There will be some bigger integration happening in the future, that's for sure, but thankfully not today...

Somewhere, somebody today will hear some bad news about their job, that's for sure. They have my utmost sympathy.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I can't believe they did that to you all.

*ponders*

Actually, I've had managers who'd do exactly that to keep people on their toes.
Gits. Glad you're OK.

Top Bottom