a bikes a bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Soup.gif

Learnincurve

That's not true.

Actually it is, check out http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...51_categoryId_165555_langId_-1_MFName_Raleigh

The hybrids are 16kg-19kg and all have low end kit on them and are at a premium price, this is unacceptable. A cheap bottom of the range hybrid should come in at 15kg max. Ridgeback/giant/trek equivalents are all around 13kg and come to £400-£500. Even the scraping of the barrel Halfords own brands that are damn near identical would set you back £150.

Road bikes are average at best and you are looking at a £200-£500 premium on them just for the badge, cannondale and even specilized solidly whomp them for value for money.

AndyRM

XOXO
Actually it is, check out http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...51_categoryId_165555_langId_-1_MFName_Raleigh

The hybrids are 16kg-19kg and all have low end kit on them and are at a premium price, this is unacceptable. A cheap bottom of the range hybrid should come in at 15kg max. Ridgeback/giant/trek equivalents are all around 13kg and come to £400-£500. Even the scraping of the barrel Halfords own brands that are damn near identical would set you back £150.

Road bikes are average at best and you are looking at a £200-£500 premium on them just for the badge, cannondale and even specilized solidly whomp them for value for money.

I disagree.

Stated weights are no guarantee of the actual weight. And at the bottom of the range what does it matter, really?

As for road bikes, if you compare the Airlite, Synapse and Allez at the same price point, they're pretty evenly specced.

Learnincurve

@AndyRM maybe you missread, those Raleigh hybrids are bottom of the range specs with top of the range prices, you can see them in the same price range and weights on tesco as well and yes those weights are accurate. I lifted a couple of them in halfords and couldn't believe how much they weighed and checked online later - frames seem to be hewn from pig iron.

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM maybe you missread, those Raleigh hybrids are bottom of the range specs with top of the range prices, you can see them in the same price range and weights on tesco as well and yes those weights are accurate. I lifted a couple of them in halfords and couldn't believe how much they weighed and checked online later - frames seem to be hewn from pig iron.

Nope, I just disagree. Weight aside, Raleigh's bikes are similarly specced with other brands at various price points.

Top Bottom