a bikes a bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddypete

your a lot better off buying a good second hand bike,than buying an expensive crap one,like most things ignore the hype and what are you left with,at the end of the day,a bike is only as good as the person who is riding it,no matter if it cost £10 or £10,000 ps , dont buy carbon crap,alloy,crap titainium crap,stick to steel,and your money will be well spent, and dont listen to outherwise and only a mug would would get caught up in the hype, imagine a person buying an old bike for a quide and riding round europe,would that be a crap bike

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
There are a lot of people here who no nothing about bikes, so how would they know if they find a good one, buying second hand is fine if you know what you are looking at. I personally would not buy second hand carbon frame unless i new the history of it, That would probably mean buying of someone i have ridden with and i know it has not been crashed, ally and steel is a bit different but you can still be caught out. Buying new gives people piece of mind, if there is a problem they just go back to where they bought it from. I know a couple of guy's bought second hand, one was pleased as punch with his purchase the other not.^_^

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
your a lot better off buying a good second hand bike,than buying an expensive crap one,like most things ignore the hype and what are you left with,at the end of the day,a bike is only as good as the person who is riding it,no matter if it cost £10 or £10,000

How does someone, anyone know if a second hand bike is a good deal. Same goes for a new bike. There are some shockingly crap new road bikes on sale and some good ones too.

You could pay out £400 out for a second hand road bike, to find all the components are knackered and it was a £500 to start with.

Read the reviews, narrow down a search for what you are looking for, and pay only what it is worth.

And finally, there are loads of discounted new bikes on the market at the moment, over 40% off in some cases.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
As above, a knackered crankset could effectively render a bike a write off whilst not being immediately apparent on a quick test ride.
I'd always advise someone to get something of decent quality, new. If going for 2nd hand, then check carefully or take someone who does know what to look out for.
Definitely 2nd hand bargains out there, a lot of people buy a bike with all the best intentions then never use the thing. But, buy carefully.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I bought a new bikes ages ago and I thought a bikes a bikes , but after a while of riding the bikes it turned out not to be as good as bikes as I thought , the bikes was so I bought another bikes , that I thought would be a better bikes , but then I bought another bikes and gave the first bikes away and he thought the bikes needed work so probably not worth it so that bikes not really a bikes but I still have my ones and I ride them around the park and do skids .

Jimidh

Veteran
That's not true at all - as above I have a number of bikes - some are nicer to ride than others , some are faster than others .

Guess what - the faster nicer to ride ones were the most expensive ones.

Top Bottom