A bit of bother ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
damn mate, glad you are okay, totally out of line, cant understand why he would go irate like that at you.

Nope neither can I. Am at a total loss. I even passed by the rear of his vehicle so as not to inconvenience him trying to pull out. But it was definately me he chased after and drove at. Perhaps he hadn't been taking his tablets? Yesterday I kept seeing lots of the little white vans just like the one he was driving which caused a few nerves, but thankfully none drove at me, fortuntately.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
These are the real times when you need a video camera.

I do have a Contour HD head cam (Gaz's excellent advice), but seldom use it now as riding on the GBW and shared use cycle paths on pavements there is little need for it IMHO. Maybe I start carrying it again, but I would have to start wearing my helmet again which I have stopped doing.

Sandra6

Veteran
That's some scary stuff! Glad you're ok. Did the pedestrians not say anything?? I think I would've been fairly vocal at a cyclist careering towards me followed by a van!
Atleast you're ok, best to let it go and hope he's not a regular on that route.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why make something like this up, post it on this forum, just for the pleasure of receiving the inevitable stupid troll comments??? Doesn't make sense. As I say minding my own business riding home from work. There are nutters out there.
Look at it another way. Some of the things posted on here are that weird, that if you were to try to write them into a tv program people would be saying no way, that wouldn't happen.
The thing is though, they do happen.

400bhp

Guru
Why make something like this up, post it on this forum, just for the pleasure of receiving the inevitable stupid troll comments??? Doesn't make sense. As I say minding my own business riding home from work. There are nutters out there.

No idea why - some people are just odd.

Star Strider

Car dealership?

Report this as a violent crime to the police and get the CCTV pulled.

That's if it even happened of course.

pshore

Vehicle waiting to turn out of side road onto Milton Road. Cycle path goes both infront of him ie on main Milton road or a pavement one which means crossing the side road which I am riding on. With the van trying to pull out I remain on the shared use cycle path on the pavement as I judge this to be safer than going around the front of the vehicle in the cycle lane. Driver for reasons totally baffling takes umbrage and speeds after me just after I pass behind his vehicle and carry on. 50 yds futher up he swerves to the nearside going across a permanent bus lane, onto shared cycle path which I am now riding on infront of VW/Bentley Vindis car dealership I am now in front of. Hanging around to find out what issues he has is probably not the best thing so I ride pretty quickly to safety of the GBW which he looks like even trying to drive down after me. Psycho.

Is this now clear?

I'd report it, given the chase and mounting the pavement. The Police might do something with CCTV evidence. Even if not on CCTV, you may have witnessed a nutter who went onto cause actual harm to someone else.

Top Bottom