A bit of bother ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Guided Bus Way?
Thanks. It all makes perfect sense now.

Reactions: akb

Globalti

Legendary Member
What a pity you didn't get his number, driving in a way that causes alarm is an offence nowadays

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Can you describe what you did again it's not clear to me what happened, you stay on the cycle path yet this driver takes offence?

Vehicle waiting to turn out of side road onto Milton Road. Cycle path goes both infront of him ie on main Milton road or a pavement one which means crossing the side road which I am riding on. With the van trying to pull out I remain on the shared use cycle path on the pavement as I judge this to be safer than going around the front of the vehicle in the cycle lane. Driver for reasons totally baffling takes umbrage and speeds after me just after I pass behind his vehicle and carry on. 50 yds futher up he swerves to the nearside going across a permanent bus lane, onto shared cycle path which I am now riding on infront of VW/Bentley Vindis car dealership I am now in front of. Hanging around to find out what issues he has is probably not the best thing so I ride pretty quickly to safety of the GBW which he looks like even trying to drive down after me. Psycho.

Is this now clear?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Could it have been the same bloke you had a run in with last time?

You described him in similar terms.

No.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Weird

Almost sounds made up,

Why make something like this up, post it on this forum, just for the pleasure of receiving the inevitable stupid troll comments??? Doesn't make sense. As I say minding my own business riding home from work. There are nutters out there.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
And you normally being the quiet, retiring type!

Seriously though glad you are ok.

I was, I was very quiet and retiring. Any more retiring and I would have been asleep. Very long day having worked previous 6 days I just wanted to ride home without incident. Have since done 2 more so 8 days in total. Day off now. Thanks for your concern though. Shaken but not stirred.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
surely theres cameras that have caught that ?

scumscumscum

Maybe but the cameras for the Vindis garage face onto the premises. There may well be other CCTV as there are an awful lot of poles and street lighting in the location. Will have a look tomorrow when I next pass by.

Top Bottom