A Chain For a 6 Speed Freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Any 3/32" derailleur chain will do.

Just a thought but if it is older freewheel with plain sprocket teeth with no cutaways or ramps (Regina, Atom, Cyclo etc), you'd probably be better with a cheap basic chain with protruding rivets as the rivets catch the sprockets to change to the next sprocket up. That's how it was supposed to work back in the day. I use ETC, they're cheap enough from Ebay.

I'm sure the KMC Z33 has an old fashioned profile .....

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Time trial ratios. They were 13-17 back when five speed was the norm.

Did someone mention 5 speed 13-17 :smile: Here's my NOS 5 speed UG waiting for a reunion with a 70's TT machine sometime LOL

2yxk8x3.jpg

Shaun

D

Deleted member 1258

Gawd, that is a 'hardcore' set-up :eek:.......................................No wonder it's still new. :whistle:

I remember at one stage I was riding 6 speed 13-21 on the back with 44/40 on the front, I used to do club rides on that set up.

rrarider

Veteran
I remember at one stage I was riding 6 speed 13-21 on the back with 44/40 on the front, I used to do club rides on that set up.
I can still manage my 13,14,15,17,19,21 block with a 42/52 on the front. Mind you a 54 inch lowest gear is quite low enough around this part of the world, even at my age. I've still got the freewheel the bike came supplied with, which has a 28 largest cog, just in case I go to the hills.

D

Deleted member 1258

I can still manage my 13,14,15,17,19,21 block with a 42/52 on the front. Mind you a 54 inch lowest gear is quite low enough around this part of the world, even at my age. I've still got the freewheel the bike came supplied with, which has a 28 largest cog, just in case I go to the hills.

I could still ride that set up now even though I'm in my mid sixties, most of my miles are on rolling Warwickshire country side.

Top Bottom