a commuters shed.(show me your shed)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I get to use my landlord's shed but it doesn't meet these requirements, so I only keep the commuter bikes in there.

Tynan

Veteran
you bloody pikies

Tynan has a cycle specific timetals affair out front so the bike doens't have to be trooped through the house, with ground anchor and hefty chain

nice it is too

My first bike (A Dawes) was chained down to a concrete slab in the mid 70's and where we lived it was out of the way and some barsteward still knicked it.

Also what you said with the shed,don't think my bike would be safe in there on current form.:biggrin:

D4v0

Tynan said:
you bloody pikies

Tynan has a cycle specific timetals affair out front so the bike doens't have to be trooped through the house, with ground anchor and hefty chain

nice it is too

pikies?

I take mine through the main hallway up the grand staircase where it has its own room to choose from out of the 25.

I could leave it in the stables but I dont want one of my racehorses to damage it. ;)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
you bloody pikies
nice it is too

Do you mean one of these ?

p1191635_x.jpg

I am thinking about getting one since I had to clear the garage.

J4CKO

I keep mine in the little bit of the garage that isnt full of domestic appliances, sceptical of sheds abilities to resist theft though we dont live in an area where I really worry about bike theft, cul de sca, secure garden so about as good as it gets.

I am however a she enthusiast and have two normal sheds, a garden store, have recently extended one of the sheds to keep additional stuff in and the piece de resistance, I have one of these, 10 ft by 15 set up with TV, dvd, surround sound, fridge, pc, wireless, sofa, Xbox and a bench/tools, rather agreeable in summer, I tend to see it as a cheap extension rather than an expensive shed.

s828-siontn.jpg

Would post the actual one but cant access my photobucket account at work !

grhm

Veteran
J4CKO said:
I keep mine in the little bit of the garage that isnt full of domestic appliances, sceptical of sheds abilities to resist theft
I have one of these, 10 ft by 15 set up with TV, dvd, surround sound, fridge, pc, wireless, sofa, Xbox and a bench/tools, rather agreeable in summer, I tend to see it as a cheap extension rather than an expensive shed.

s828-siontn.jpg

So you don't trust a shed to hold a bike, but do trust it for a TV, dvd, PC, Xbox and sundry other saleable items?:biggrin:

I'm not sure that adds up right :rolleyes:.

Tynan

Veteran
mr_cellophane said:
Do you mean one of these ?

p1191635_x.jpg

I am thinking about getting one since I had to clear the garage.

Exactly like that, tad pricey but very well made and designed, keeps all the bike things in one place,a MTB and a road bike fills it up comfortably in my case though, suspect three bikes involves some nonsense

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Mine is more of a shed-ish (garage). The car is painted and waterproof so it stays outside. Hopefully with funds permitting it will be getting a makeover and turn it into a decent workshop.

gbb

Legendary Member
Her's mine....
Deliberately chose an 8 x6 ft with the door on the front 8ft...that way you can get bikes in and out easily from the centre, without getting in a tangle.
DSC02266.jpg

Her indoors hybrid, and my winter bike...
DSC02264.jpg

The best bike and my hybrid
DSC02265.jpg

fruitbat

bicyclos said:
Mine is more of a shed-ish (garage). The car is painted and waterproof so it stays outside. Hopefully with funds permitting it will be getting a makeover and turn it into a decent workshop.

A mobile workshop sounds very handy, and with a bike who needs the car anyway! :biggrin:

Top Bottom