a commuters shed.(show me your shed)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have a 'garage' for mine..... no pics.....yet........security....that Tharg will be after the Ribble..... and there is a bloody double bed mattress in the way that we've been saving for my sister in law, and she hasn't collected it, and I am getting cross, and fed up, and it's in my way for polishing the bikes......:biggrin:

Used to get a car in there once, and bikes.... but the bike collection is 'growing'. :laugh:

Oh, and there is a tube heater next to Frank and the Ribble to keep them warm in winter........

Tharg2007

Veteran
i have my own ribble now fozzy :biggrin:
in fact i have 2

J4CKO

grhm said:
So you don't trust a shed to hold a bike, but do trust it for a TV, dvd, PC, Xbox and sundry other saleable items?:laugh:

I'm not sure that adds up right :biggrin:.

I see what you mean, but we are in a decent area, its behind a locked gate, is connected to the house alarm, has a security light and nothing in there I cant afford to lose, we have a Dog, the pc's are old-ish desktops, original Xbox (£20/£30 if you can sell it), CRT telly (cant give them away), Dvd (£20 Tescos), its all stuff I have upgraded from in the house. Honestly, I am not that daft really !

006.jpg

007.jpg

Tharg2007

Veteran
J4CKO said:
I see what you mean, but we are in a decent area, its behind a locked gate, is connected to the house alarm, has a security light and nothing in there I cant afford to lose, we have a Dog, the pc's are old-ish desktops, original Xbox (£20/£30 if you can sell it), CRT telly (cant give them away), Dvd (£20 Tescos), its all stuff I have upgraded from in the house. Honestly, I am not that daft really !

006.jpg

007.jpg

you forgot to include the address! dont spose you have ribble too :biggrin:

J4CKO

Tharg2007 said:
you forgot to include the address! dont spose you have ribble too :biggrin:

Wouldnt put my precious bike in there !

Anyway, dont think a master criminal would really be after a skipload of out of date consumer electronics.

Tharg2007

Veteran
J4CKO said:
Wouldnt put my precious bike in there !

Anyway, dont think a master criminal would really be after a skipload of out of date consumer electronics.

your average thief is very thick indeed and will steal just about anything. Do you not watch police interceptors and the like?

grhm

Veteran
J4CKO, ^^^ I'd love to have a garen that big to put a shed in. I've only got a little shed. ;) The previous owner installer the shed - it's not ideal.

It's about 12x6ft with the door on the short side. The garden is about 15ft wide - so there's a narrow ~3ft alley down the side and a 90degree turn to access the door the garden. My 2 bikes are in the shed, but the wife trike can't get to the door.

(Not sure what the previous owner was going to use the shed for :biggrin: but it has electrics fed from the house - it even has it's own consumer board/fuse-box thing and separate ring main and lighting circuits!!:smile: )

J4CKO

grhm said:
J4CKO, ^^^ I'd love to have a garen that big to put a shed in. I've only got a little shed. :smile: The previous owner installer the shed - it's not ideal.

It's about 12x6ft with the door on the short side. The garden is about 15ft wide - so there's a narrow ~3ft alley down the side and a 90degree turn to access the door the garden. My 2 bikes are in the shed, but the wife trike can't get to the door.

(Not sure what the previous owner was going to use the shed for :angry: but it has electrics fed from the house - it even has it's own consumer board/fuse-box thing and separate ring main and lighting circuits!!:ohmy: )

We are lucky to have that garden, its the reason we bought an old, frankly pretty knackered house rather than a new one that didnt need any work.

Greenbank

Über Member
Tynan said:
Exactly like that, tad pricey but very well made and designed, keeps all the bike things in one place,a MTB and a road bike fills it up comfortably in my case though, suspect three bikes involves some nonsense

3 in a Trimetals thingy is easy, at least with roadbikes. I've also got 2 spare wheels in there, and a bunch of tyres.

One road bike in facing left.
Next bike in facing right.
3rd bike in facing right with handlebars hooked over the previous bikes handlebars.

My hackbike, along with Mrs G's live in the shed.

My commuter (and main Audax bike) lives in the electrical cupboard underneath the stairs up to our flat.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
My Allez lives next to me at work (she has her own desk, Power Mac and 22" widescreen) and in my living room or in the hall when at home, the wife moans it gets in the way so I have suggested hanging it on the wall but she is not up for it!

Top Bottom