A conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Came across this while going through and deleting some old files on the hard drive at work: one of those infuriating little puzzles which you either get instantly or it takes you hours to figure it out:

Question: What is the significance of the following haphazard collection?

One building, two Shakespearian characters, four boys, two cars, one piece of medical equipment, two dances, one interjection, one sound, one measurement, one month, one relative, one drink, two Greek letters, two nationalities, three place names, one item of clothing.

Melvil

Romeo and Juliet? ;-)

OP
OP
P

Pete

Bravo Uniform Golf Golf Echo Romeo.... :blush:

And I didn't even get the chance to post the clue ("add them up")! Well spotted, I knew someone would get it at once! :tongue:

Charlie Tango Teakettle Barbecue.:blush:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I apologise to Pete, I should have followed Melvil's excellent example and just put in one or two answers, leaving other people to guess for longer. I very rarely "Twig" these things so quickly. In my defence, my competitive nature just got the better of me. Sorry if I spoilt it for you.

To make a small amend, I thought I would put this one in.

I have an elderly relative, let's call her Aunt Betty. She lives alone, but likes to go out each day, to get some gentle exercise. Near her house is a very large, very nice second-hand shop and a Charity Shop, also very nice. She is always tempted to buy things. It does not matter if the item is very large, because both shops will deliver free of charge. She likes animals, and has a very large garden.

She once bought an abacus (she does not like computers)
The day after she bought a zimmer Frame (she is quite elderly)
The next day she bought a bicycle for her great nephew.

I think I might have given enough clues now, so that some very clever person could tell me what she bought next. It is better if you can give a reason why she bought it;).

I will add some more clues if it is too difficult.:blush:

OP
OP
P

Pete

Speicher - I was hoping people would pay more regard to the :biggrin: in my post, than the ;)! Quite honestly, no apology needed, it was all the the spirit of good light-hearted fun! So here's a few more :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:'s to clarify my point of view!

As for your puzzle, well haven't twigged yet. Unless it's some sort of alphabetical sequence, in which case the next item ought to be a Yacht - or a Yo-Yo? But I doubt it :biggrin:. Still guessing.

OP
OP
P

Pete

Speicher - I was hoping people would pay more regard to the :biggrin: in my post, than the :blush:! Quite honestly, no apology needed, it was all the the spirit of good light-hearted fun! So here's a few more :sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:'s to clarify my point of view!

As for your puzzle, well haven't twigged yet. Unless it's some sort of alphabetical sequence, in which case the next item ought to be a Yacht - or a Yo-Yo? But I doubt it :tongue:. Still guessing.

Top Bottom